atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LarryH2 CIXs, SIP trunks, centralized voicemail - 06/03/20 10:46 PM
We have a customer with 8 CIX sites connected with Stratanet with centralized IPedge app server. All incoming calls to each site come in from local SIP trunks, rings to a pilot number that goes over stratanet to autoattendant at main site, each site goes to their own department so they get the greeting for the originating site. The problem is when the main site is down, like it is today, the incoming SIP calls to the remote sites all get a busy signal. I can log in to each site and change the ring destination to the local MCG, but I would rather it happen automatically. I cannot put the pilot number at each site into a hunt group or an MCG. Anybody have any ideas how to handle this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: CIXs, SIP trunks, centralized voicemail - 06/03/20 10:59 PM
Rather than using a Pilot DN have you tried an unused DKT extension and setting a System Call Forward to the centralized VM for destination 1 and having the local VM as the destination 2?
Then set the local SIP trunk to ring to the DKT extension (handset unplugged with the SCF assigned to it) and see if it will go to the local VM instead of the centralized one?
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIXs, SIP trunks, centralized voicemail - 06/04/20 11:21 PM
It looks like a creative solution. I ran into a similar situation. In the other case, I put in a Night key so the users could manually switch the lines to ring locally. Unfortunately, the user never remembers how to switch the lines when the internet does go offline.
Posted By: LarryH2 Re: CIXs, SIP trunks, centralized voicemail - 06/05/20 11:06 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Carl! I will try that out. I've never used the destination 2 setting in the system call forwarding. I had put a night button on the phone as David had suggested, but the users (at all remote site!) didn't remember how to use it.

Thanks again for the help. I'll post back here what the result was.

Larry
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help