web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
LarryH2 Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a customer with 8 CIX sites connected with Stratanet with centralized IPedge app server. All incoming calls to each site come in from local SIP trunks, rings to a pilot number that goes over stratanet to autoattendant at main site, each site goes to their own department so they get the greeting for the originating site. The problem is when the main site is down, like it is today, the incoming SIP calls to the remote sites all get a busy signal. I can log in to each site and change the ring destination to the local MCG, but I would rather it happen automatically. I cannot put the pilot number at each site into a hunt group or an MCG. Anybody have any ideas how to handle this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Rather than using a Pilot DN have you tried an unused DKT extension and setting a System Call Forward to the centralized VM for destination 1 and having the local VM as the destination 2?
Then set the local SIP trunk to ring to the DKT extension (handset unplugged with the SCF assigned to it) and see if it will go to the local VM instead of the centralized one?

Regards
Carl
It looks like a creative solution. I ran into a similar situation. In the other case, I put in a Night key so the users could manually switch the lines to ring locally. Unfortunately, the user never remembers how to switch the lines when the internet does go offline.

LarryH2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestion Carl! I will try that out. I've never used the destination 2 setting in the system call forwarding. I had put a night button on the phone as David had suggested, but the users (at all remote site!) didn't remember how to use it.

Thanks again for the help. I'll post back here what the result was.

Larry

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (KRRath, Curlycord, BPopilek), 64 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024