atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: USA Voice & Data Systems Vodavi - 07/03/04 03:10 PM
I have Vodavi Starplus KSU and a set that is cut off conversation. All lites on set will come on & off then drops the caller at about every minute.
I have isolated trouble coming out of the card. With my testing from the KSU room,I have replaced the set and changed my 25 pair cable connected to the card in the control unit, with no solution to my problem. The station 22 out of the KSU was good , as he says, before I moved my customer to his new office.
I'm thinking it is a programming option, but I'm not sure....tks..for any help...
Posted By: justbill Re: Vodavi - 07/03/04 04:44 PM
Assuming you've tried more than one set this is what I'd look for. Proper system grounding. Also I think the data leads are polarity sensitive on this system, try reversing the data leads.
Bill
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Vodavi - 07/03/04 04:53 PM
Also check the phone on ext 23, that system is notorious for acting up in that manner. One phone could mess up the port next to it. I would try and unplug ext 23 for awhile to see if the problem goes away.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi - 07/03/04 04:53 PM
Make sure that the phone and cabling are good at x23. It is data-paired with x22.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi - 07/04/04 05:05 AM
Sorry Mr. Moderator, didn't mean to say the same thing as you.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Vodavi - 07/04/04 06:31 AM
I agree. Sounds like a wiring or cable problem. Don't forget to really check the amphenol connector for a good straight, tight fit---especially on the bottom. They have a tendency to look and feel OK---then NOT be OK at the top or bottom. BTW--we're assuming that this is a Starplus Digital--right?
Posted By: USA Voice & Data Systems Re: Vodavi - 07/05/04 09:30 AM
Tks..to all for your help...
Here"s what I've done:
1st. I tried several different phones.
2nd. I relocated to telco rm and isolated trouble coming from ksu amphenol cable.
3rd. I changed amphenol cable.
4th. I monitored set at telco rm.= same-same.
5th. I reversed polarity on x22= same-same.
Bill , I do have a good ground. tks.
JwRacedog, I know what you are saying about the 25 pr amphenol cable , I have replaced it and it is on very good and tight, also my stations 23, 24, & 25 are working ok.and
Yes,I do have a digital system. * no second data leads. One 2 wire jumper, only.
***** I will try disconnecting x23, which is a new station I'm adding. I have all stations fully wired out. But I did add x23 thru x25. I will be back with results...tks again to all.
I think this is the way it should be....everyone helping each other...tks...Tech_talk...
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Vodavi - 07/05/04 11:00 AM
No prob nfcphoneman, looks like we were both wrong anyway. When USA said vodavi starplus, I assumed an old analog flex system. USA, with it being a digital system, I doubt ext 23 is going to be your problem. Good luck.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Vodavi - 07/05/04 11:09 AM
I hope your not using the same line cord for all your testing, I hate to see that after all this the trouble was as simple as a line cord. Been there, done that.
mark
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi - 07/05/04 03:52 PM
What type of phone system? DHS, STS, etc...
Posted By: USA Voice & Data Systems Re: Vodavi - 07/05/04 06:49 PM
Yes Mark ..I have changed to new cords, new sets, eliminated the cat3 cable,cat3 jack, & went to the 25 amphenol cable??? tks for you suggestion....anyway.....
Posted By: USA Voice & Data Systems Re: Vodavi - 07/05/04 06:58 PM
Phoneman, I have a Vodavi Starplus DHS. Two cards with 6 cos & 16 stations. The telephones are a combination of sd7312-71 & sd7314-71. tks...
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi - 07/06/04 11:49 AM
There were some problems with this happening on certain ports of the DHS-E. I believe it was only the 5th port on FP2 of the DHS-E. I don't recall any problems with the small DHS. Sounds like a bad 3x8.
Posted By: vodaviman Re: Vodavi - 07/15/04 05:41 PM
If the problem is occuring at the MDF it is the 3*8 card. The DHS-E problem is unrelated but I can tell phoneman knows DHS.

[This message has been edited by vodaviman (edited July 15, 2004).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help