atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ThePhoneGod STS Voice mail Not Deleting indicators - 05/31/07 11:16 AM
I have a customer that has a STS with a flash 8 port voicemail. when a message is left all is ok. when the message is checked the indication does not go away. i checked all ports. all are working. called VODAVI and they said possible corruption. any ideas?
Quite possibly it is corruption. Also, make sure that all 8 ports are in the same voicemail group.
do you think corruption in the voice mail or the phone system?
Posted By: adteldon Re: STS Voice mail Not Deleting indicators - 05/31/07 11:55 AM
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I had to upgrade the system and voice mail software and the problem went away. It was the STS not STSe, so I had to get the chips from Vodavi.
Posted By: STS E Re: STS Voice mail Not Deleting indicators - 05/31/07 11:57 AM
what indicator are you referring to ?

Msg light ?
LCD display ?
vm key light ?

I'm missing something, so cannot say if its system
or voicemail error
Posted By: EV607797 Re: STS Voice mail Not Deleting indicators - 05/31/07 11:58 AM
Very frequently, this is a case of the 8th port being locked up (X157). Even after a reboot, it stays locked up. I have had to go into CONFIG and reset the port there.
i can call the port and it awnsers. it is the message waiting light and the display indicator. i am set to reinit. the voice mail later today. but thought there might be another way.
Posted By: STS E Re: STS Voice mail Not Deleting indicators - 05/31/07 12:02 PM
ED,

Is x-157 the msg on/off port used by the the inskin to handle commands of msg wait to system?
Posted By: STS E Re: STS Voice mail Not Deleting indicators - 05/31/07 12:06 PM
Phone God

OK, clear now.

I'm with ED-s suggestion
Posted By: EV607797 Re: STS Voice mail Not Deleting indicators - 05/31/07 12:06 PM
Yes, just like an analog voice mail would do. I believe that port 7 (X156) is the default second notification port. Sometimes that's the one that gets locked up, making this problem even more sporadic.
thanks for all the suggestions i'll let y'all know what i find.
i reinitialized the voice mail and all seems to be working now. not the ideal fix but none the less it is working.
Posted By: STS E Re: STS Voice mail Not Deleting indicators - 05/31/07 03:03 PM
Phone God

Hey, thats great.
Whatever it takes to get the job done, till next time.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help