atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 05:21 AM
I guess i am just getting old. I have a customer who has a STSe with a weird problem, they have a hard drive VM and the LED above the display is programed for VM. Some times all of the phones will have that LED blinking and of course all the phones don't have messages. If you reset (flash 80) the problem will clear. It doesn't happen all the time, it may go 6 months or it may happen 3 times a day. I talked with Vodavi and they sugested upgrading software. I looked in the quick start guide and as many of you know new software can no longer be found at www.vodavi.com. I called vodavi again (they were busy) and the tech told me to go to ftp.vodavi...and that is as far as i got. If anyone has "step by step" instructions... you would make me a happy camper if you shared that information.
Posted By: justbill Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 06:24 AM
Do you need to know how to access the ftp site, which vodavi should give you if you're a dealer. Or do you need to know how to install the upgrade? How to do the upgrade is in the manual and it's step by step.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 06:53 AM
well i guess i need to know how to access the ftp site, when i was talking to tech support they walked me through it and i thought i wrote all the nessary information but i guess i missed something. I did not feel comfortable upgrading the customer (with my luck i would have defaulted their system) so i waited till i had a ksu to play with. My laptop doesn't have a network card so i was going to go on line with my desktop and transfer the file via jump drive which i can't seem to find at this time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 07:05 AM
well i found my jump drive... I was wanting to up grade the software on my bench so i would feel more comfortable before i went to the customers site.
Posted By: justbill Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 07:09 AM
Section E of the manual will take you through downloading your settings, just in case you need them. 4-20 of the installation manual will walk you through the up grade.

Just go to the ftp site and down load the latest and unzip it. I think the latest is 1.01.1
Posted By: Ted Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 11:13 AM
I just upgraded one recently. You might want to back up the system before you upgrade, just in case. I didn't and of course I regretted it. Too much in a hurry to do it right I guess, and like you, too old to change my ways!
Posted By: STS E Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 11:14 AM
The latest version for the STSe is 1.02.
There is instruction on the ftp as to upload/download different software.

Latest version for STS is 1.04.
Posted By: STS E Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 11:17 AM
Remember, if you do an upgrade, and it dont turn out right,flip the switch and run on your old version.

Pretty neat. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 12:00 PM
well i talked to vodavi and got the ftp site and latest software. first time i tried it i screwed up and none of the phones would come up. i guess it is a good thing you can flip the switch other wise you would have to send the ksu back to the factory when you screwed up. second try worked fine..... maybe you can teack an old dog a new trick. thanks guys
Posted By: justbill Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 12:32 PM
The latest version for the STSe is 1.02.
Shows you I haven't checked for awhile. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Derrick Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/28/08 02:07 PM
I am willing to bet that you still have telco voice mail on a line...and when you get a message all the lights light up. sw 1.02 is available at vodavi.com
Posted By: oobie Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/31/08 05:13 AM
sounds like that derrick might be correct. I just had a customer with the same problem a few months back when we were installing all the lights on all the phones were lit. And sure enough that is what it was. Telco VM. once you set the light control to VM it will light with either internal VM to station specific or it will light all lights on all phone with telco vm.
Posted By: MNCommunications Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/31/08 05:38 AM
Has anyone run into a problem where the STSe won't take the new version of software. I updated a site to 1.02 the upload went smooth but when I reset the system I would get no sync, then ok sync, then every lite on the phone would flash and display would go dead then back to no sync, ok sync and so on. It was a cycle that repeated and never did anything else. I had no trouble going back to the original software bank and when I did it worked fine just not the updated software. This unit has since been replaced with a new unit, because they purchased a ranger phone, so it's not an issue now but I'm wondering for future reference.
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/31/08 06:24 AM
probably not applicable but worth mentioning.. the MWI notification goes out from the last port on the voicemail, so if you have ports split off into different voicemail groups you can experience some strange issues with MWIs.
Posted By: oobie Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/31/08 06:29 AM
MNCOMMUNICATIONS,

After you did the software back switch did you initialize the cabinet? and or even try to throw the battery switch to see if that would have cleared the issue.

I alway pull a download and then do the software upload, switch banks and then initialize then upload the back up file.

I did see that exact problem on a XTSc and all i did was initialize and throw the battery switch and rebooted and set everything back to norm
Posted By: MNCommunications Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/31/08 06:46 AM
Yeah tried all that, I always dl a backup before I do any changes just in case things have been done by someone else. I went as far as to default the cabinet before I uploaded the new software. I got the same thing every time, no sync, ok, flash and again. I never got an answer other than send it back so they can look at it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/31/08 09:20 AM
the same thing happened to me, the reason was because i didn't load the right file.... i spent so much time finding it that it timed out the first time and the second time i grabed the wrong file. Also i was useing ecom and twice my lap top reset its self. i used PC plus and got it to work.
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: upgrading software STSe - 03/31/08 12:24 PM
after i re-read your message, another thought came to mind (how, i'll never know). i had a customer who had what sounds like the same problem after adding a flash in-skin VM. on the off-chance it was a power issue, we put his STSe on a UPS and the problem went away.

worth a try... we use Minuteman's Entrust series, usually the 700VA.
Posted By: cswroe Re: upgrading software STSe - 04/01/08 09:13 PM
MNCOMMUNICATIONS,

Was this STSe originally a Gold System? I had a similar system when I upgraded the standard firmware, all my 9015 phones acted this way. I was not thinking (bad to do on an upgrade) but flashed the appropriate software and they were back to normal.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: upgrading software STSe - 04/08/08 11:39 AM
No it was a STSe, I haven't been back on site so i haven't had a chance to play with it. I called and left a message with the office manager but haven't heard back. I assume the problem isn't a priorty with them. I will post information as soon as i know more.... thanks guys
Posted By: MNCommunications Re: upgrading software STSe - 04/09/08 07:09 AM
CS... yes it was a gold system. After repeated attemtps I pulled it out and swapped it, used the one I took out at another location who will never use the ranger phone so it wasn't an issue.
Posted By: cswroe Re: upgrading software STSe - 04/10/08 06:54 PM
OK. Was the problem with STS phones(35xx) or 90xx phones. If it was a gold system with the non STS phones, you would have had to upgrade with a different software than what is available on the FTP site.

Just wondering. Glad you got it worked out though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: upgrading software STSe - 04/28/08 08:29 AM
Well I up graded the software from 1.01 to 1.02 and the problem is still there. I didn't default the KSU or the Voicemail. their system is about 2 years old. I didn't mention this but the problem started after I moved their system to a new building. The office manager says that she thinks they have Central Office Voice Mail but are not useing it. The Harddrive voicemail answers if the recptionst doesn't, so I wouldn't think the CO voicemail would get any messages unless they have some that have old messages that haven't been removed. I think the customer has an ONEAC Isolation Transformer AC protector. Will post more information later.
Posted By: STS E Re: upgrading software STSe - 04/28/08 10:01 AM
Have you checked the VM box programming for off net forward ?

They could be forwarding to their own mailbox,
rather than than an outside line.

The off net will forward to what ever you program it.

Have the Central office voicemail removed, even thought they are not using it.
Posted By: oobie Re: upgrading software STSe - 04/28/08 01:20 PM
Even though they are not using the TELCO VM there is a possiblity that maybe busy calls are being forwarded to that voicemail and when you set the light control to voicemail it will light that light if there is a message in the TELCO VM.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: upgrading software STSe - 04/29/08 09:39 AM
The customer is getting their Telco VM deactivated, I hope this closes this issue
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help