atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: toogood Inskin HDD - 04/29/09 12:39 PM
Hi folks,

Have an STSe inskin HDD that intermittantly stops answering with AA. This is the 3rd unit and it does exactly the same thing. Also replaced the sts with no help. Have all the ports (150-157) in both 30 and 65. Reprogrammed both database from scratch. KSU is fully loaded 2 DTIB's and 2 LCOB's. Any info would be appreciated.
Posted By: oobie Re: Inskin HDD - 04/29/09 01:00 PM
Have you connected a monitor to it to see what is going on?

I had this same problem happen a few times. 1.It was a very warm closet. Moved the system to a cooler location and never had a problem since.
2. Other thing is that the voicemail does a reboot in the middle of the night which causes them to not boot up properly sometimes. I've typically turned it off. By making the correct Registry setting. I believe it is called ProcessMon.Reset and it is set to ON by default.
Posted By: toogood Re: Inskin HDD - 04/29/09 01:34 PM
Do have a monitor hooked up. The error message I am getting 08:18:54.438 1 dialvox:Signal Reinstated - Line is able to communicate with the KSU!
E 08:18:54.468 2 dialvox:Signal Reinstated - Line is able to communicate with the KSU!
E 08:18:54.498 3 dialvox:Signal Reinstated - Line is able to communicate with the KSU!
E 08:18:54.528 4 dialvox:Signal Reinstated - Line is able to communicate with the KSU!
E 08:18:54.558 5 dialvox:Signal Reinstated - Line is able to communicate with the KSU!
E 08:18:54.588 6 dialvox:Signal Reinstated - Line is able to communicate with the KSU!
E 08:18:54.618 7 dialvox:Signal Reinstated - Line is able to communicate with the KSU!
E 08:18:54.638 8 dialvox:Signal Reinstated - Line is able to communicate with the KSU!
C 09:06:02.845 2 Log: Start Call

The KSU etrace is also showing the unit is absent. Already turned off processmon.reset
Posted By: Derrick Re: Inskin HDD - 04/29/09 05:43 PM
Well it is obviously losing contact with the KSU. Is it in the slot nice and tight? I doubt it is that obvious. Could be a power problem. The card slot should be programmed as 17. I work out of Portsmouth if you need some on site help.
Posted By: draynor Re: Inskin HDD - 04/30/09 07:18 AM
Vodavi came out with a upgrade that would eliminate the clock issue between the KSU & VM. I had a couple of systems that the AA stopped & once I upgeaded to latest software for the VM problem solved.
Posted By: Deltron Re: Inskin HDD - 04/30/09 07:23 AM
I've had some early cabinets also that seem to have bus timing issues. This has affected both the inskin flash and HDD units. Replacing the units resolved the lockup/corruption issues.

--Bill.
Posted By: toogood Re: Inskin HDD - 04/30/09 09:07 AM
Software version for Inskin HDD at 2.7 Stse is 1.02-afe2 are these the latest and greatest? At site today and unit is running clean from 6 A.M. to 12:00 A.M. had a hiccup at 3 A.M. continuing to monitor. The only changes made was grounding unused station pairs. Thank you all for the inputs if you have any more please continue to post.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Inskin HDD - 04/30/09 01:30 PM
I know this won't solve your problem but I have heard of grounding out unused ports on electronic stations before but I don't recall ever having to ground out a digital port. That may cause more problems than you already have. Others may do it but I do not recommend this. By the way, 1.02 is not the latest software for the sts you are working on, it is 1.04.

If you changed out the ksu and the vm already then it is obviously not a hardware problem. When you changed out the equipment did you upload the old programming with windba and inskins admin ? If so, you may want to default everything and hand peck it in from scratch to see if it is a database problem.
Posted By: toogood Re: Inskin HDD - 05/01/09 05:43 AM
Programmed from scratch each unit and only grounded the unused pairs on a 4 pair cable.
Posted By: draynor Re: Inskin HDD - 05/06/09 09:16 PM
adteldon is rite about version software. 1.02 had a lot of problems with vm. Upgrade to 1.04 should fix those problems.
Posted By: toogood Re: Inskin HDD - 05/07/09 05:17 AM
Unit has been running clean for 5 days continuing to monitor will upgrade if problem returns. Thanks for info.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help