atcomsystems.ca/forum
My customer has an XTS digital extension which goes on by itself and dials other extensions. It randomly does it. I already swapped out the phone and the problem stays on the extension. I checked to see if there was anything near the phone that could be causing interference but there is nothing out of normal.
I have seen that before. We tried everything, swapping telephones, ports, card, cable pairs, etc. The cure: changed out the digital phone for a VoIP phone. We were lucky they used both digital and VoIP on site...

Steve
They don't used VoIP.
Bad wiring or a bad port on the DTIB card.
I've only seen it be the phone. But when you switch it to another port, I'd assign it a new number rather than use station swap. I've seen data corruption move along with those swaps. Then, if that fixes it, you could try the swap code.
The only time I saw this was when a phone had a stuck button from someone spilling something on the phone. Since you already tried another phone, that's obviously not the problem. It may be bad wiring or a port issue like Derrick said.
I swapped the cable yesterday from the system to the phone with a phone on the next desk. Problem followed the cabling.
I would swap out the line cord if its a 4 pin cord to a 2 pin cord and disconnected any unused pairs at the jack. That has always been the fix when I've ran into this issue. something causing interference on the 2nd pair.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help