atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MaxCom Vodavi STSE PRIB - 05/10/17 03:00 PM
Having problems with a Vodavi STSE prib card. Put new replacement in, but having trouble. LEC has a Adtran 904, which patches to our Adtran Ace, then into pri card.

When set to pri, all light stay lit. When set to T1, all light extinguish but #3 (loopback). LEC says they do not have their csu in loopback.

We have clocking turned on, and dip switches 1,2 on & 3,4 off.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Vodavi STSE PRIB - 05/11/17 10:44 PM
Moved to Vodavi forum.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi STSE PRIB - 05/12/17 03:04 PM
Is this a new install? Or, if it's an existing install, has anything changed?

In my experience, when there is a problem with a Vodavi PRI, it's always been the carrier and they almost always deny it at first.
Posted By: Kenneth Corley Re: Vodavi STSE PRIB - 05/12/17 05:07 PM
this is not a new install. the T1/PRI card has been in the system for at least 10 years.. that is why we thought it was time to replace card still doing the same with the loop back light on.
We have tested dial tone at the CSU and we are able make calls out so we know the carrier is good. we are not getting anything back from the KSU. does this mean the mother board on the KSU is bad everything else on the system works also if we have to replace KSU can we download data base on a lap top a up load to new KSU?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi STSE PRIB - 05/12/17 06:28 PM
I doubt the motherboard is bad if everything else is working okay. You can download the database via a laptop using a serial cable and a terminal program.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi STSE PRIB - 05/12/17 06:35 PM
Are you using a crossover cable between the PRIB and the Adtran 904? More importantly, was this already working on the existing Adtran?

With the system being this age, has it lost programming? Do other programmed features work correctly? It's quite common for the STS KSUs to have a failed memory retention battery by this age. I can say with certainty that if this is the case, the PRIB won't work at all, since it's not a plug and play card.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi STSE PRIB - 05/12/17 06:45 PM
The 904 is a sip router. The pri is delivered by SIP and requires a cross over cable to the PRI. Plug the pri card directly into the router and bypass the csu and see what happens with a cross over cable. Pin outs are 1 to 5, 2 to 4, 4 to 2, 5 to 1

Sometimes it can be something really simple, plugged int the wrong port, like the ethernet port instead of the PRI port on the 904.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help