atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mxcoach What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 10/20/04 07:08 AM
What is better the IPK or the Aspire and why?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 10/20/04 07:22 AM
Having never worked on an IPK I really can't tell you that one. The only thing that I have seen is that the Aspire phones look better. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: mxcoach Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/01/05 04:16 PM
any other takers on this question
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/01/05 04:26 PM
I would get a demo of both so you can see.
Posted By: ICS Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/01/05 07:26 PM
Aspire by far.
Posted By: activatedco Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/01/05 07:44 PM
Why is the Aspire better?
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/02/05 03:39 PM
Both systems are very good at what they do.

The IPK series is an Elite with added Voip software and hardware (The IPK still uses the same programming as the Elite and some of it goes way back to the E-Pro series).

The Aspire was built from the ground up to be a Voip system. ( It uses the same software programming as the i series also).

The IPK must use different cards to get LCR, Caller ID, Caller ID scrolling, and ACD.

The Aspire has all this built in albeit you have to have a different CPU or Upgrade chip.

So I would have both dealers give you a demo.

Remember the system is only as good as its installed and programmed.

And dont forget service after the sale!

dj

------------------
Watson to Bell: "It must be working, all I get is a busy signal"
Posted By: ICS Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/02/05 11:49 PM
Well, they just came out with Aspire XL up to 386 stations. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

System administration is alot better for one.
Has a web interface that you can access from anywhere in the world "if setup".

look at the NEC site the Aspire outsells the IPX by far.

[This message has been edited by ICS (edited June 02, 2005).]
Posted By: activatedco Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/03/05 07:29 AM
thats good to know. Looks like i will be demo'ing an aspire out.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/04/05 07:35 PM
Have fun programming those DID on a system that big..bwahahaha
Posted By: ICS Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/04/05 10:01 PM
Not that hard lol the new pcpro has an excel spread sheet type look at the DID's makes it easy.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 06/05/05 12:30 PM
About damn time. Although, I don't care for programming via PCpro.
Posted By: mxcoach Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 07/14/05 05:34 AM
what about features. I know the Aspire has lit park keys. LND scroll. soft phone. Voice security recorder. secure set relocation. the VM is interactive with the soft keys. html programming built in. auto redial. call coverage keys. light department vm keys on multiple phones. reverse voice over. live call screening etc....
Posted By: paulw Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 07/14/05 01:51 PM
If your planning on buying go for the Aspire. If has a future where as the IPK has about run it's road. The next release will most likely be it's last in it's present form..
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 07/19/05 01:11 PM
Yeah that GRID VIEW in PC Pro is NIIIIICE!. Wish it would sort a little bit better though. i.e sort by buttons, extensions tend to randomnize. Coral your right, DID programming sucks especially if you only need to point 1 DID somewhere else for a different mode. Sure wish there wher Boss Groups.
Posted By: ILE Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/03/07 08:23 AM
I'm certified on both. The Aspire is way cooler and way more expensive. It has 32 port station cards and can be remote maintenanced by simply forwarding a port through the router, just for appetizers. The programming layout is much easier than the elite. The newer IPK II is elite hardware with Aspire software.
CPU card for elite...$XXX
CPU card for Aspire...$XXXX
VM card for elite...$XXXX
VM card for Aspire (Intramail)...$XXX - snaps on to CPU card
Posted By: smoom Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/03/07 10:46 AM
Why would anyone still be quoting an IPK anyway. The IPK2, is far more superior and since most issues have been resolved has about or even more features then the aspire. With the future changes coming for the IPK2 it will be one of the best systems on the market.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/03/07 01:22 PM
I would go further and ask why a 2 year old thread was brought up again? I would further go on and add that the IPK2 is nothing more than an Aspire systen with ugly phones.
Posted By: vad60 Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/03/07 05:25 PM
I agree with Coral Tech. Phones are ugly as well as Aspire and Manual is the worth in industry.
Posted By: walterv Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/03/07 06:23 PM
NEC is cheap equipment, they hang on the brand name, but when the day is done you get what you pay for. If you want "cheap" NEC is the product.
I just replaced a IPK that was 4 years old, the phone were droping dead and the voice mail was locking up. WTF 4 years and there done!!!!!

Walter
Posted By: Keighlar Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/04/07 06:54 AM
That would certainly be an aberration walterv. NEC may be INEXPENSIVE equipment, but I'd put it up against just about any other phone system and give you near exact results. You get what you pay for in that there are some features which cannot be purchased as add-ons, but it's a solid brand with a history of solid performance.

We've all replaced systems that died before their time, in ALL brands.

[...still shaking my head over the silliness of that comment...]
Posted By: paulw Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/05/07 01:21 PM
Originally posted by vad60:
I agree with Coral Tech. Phones are ugly as well as Aspire and Manual is the worth in industry.
New phones coming out in a month or two. Look nice..
I agree with Keighlar. I have never had a problem with the NEC elite or Pro series systems. They have great features for small business's and are easy and cheap to maintain. I still have several acoounts that are running on original Pro 1's with mostly original phones. In case you have lost track that is over 10 years old, and they have reason to change. I continue to install used Pro 1's and Elite's for small companys that can't afford the 5-10 thousand for new IPK II's. These old systems seem to be indestuctable. I stand behind these NEC systems.
Neil Yelenick
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/06/07 04:50 AM
I would like to understand more WHY the older NEC dealers (before the Nitsuko aquisition) think that the older NEC and the other (beside ASPIRE and DSX) are superior? Apparently NEC has made the decision that the Aspire is to be the model for all new NEC products.
Posted By: smoom Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/06/07 03:13 PM
I don't see the 2400 becoming an Aspire.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/06/07 04:14 PM
I believe the 2400 was out before the buyout.
When the 2400 goes to Nitsuko quality, I'm done.

Scott.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/06/07 06:35 PM
Really? Seriously, do you see the Aspire going to 2400-24,000+ ports? I doubt it.
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/06/07 07:10 PM
IPX, IPS yes.
IPX no.
I was joking. Being completely sarcastic. Just couldn't resist the urge.

Scott.
Posted By: dans Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/07/07 07:34 AM
2400 came out in the 80's
I have serviced Nitsuko products (iseries,DS01,DS2000)and I can say, the software and features are great, cabinets and circuits cards are ok, the phones are junk.

On the Pro 1, Pro 2, and Elite product lines the software and features are equal, cabinets, circuit cards, and phones are superior quality.

Hey Scott,
How have you been?
Posted By: smoom Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/07/07 09:00 AM
I really think that the best thing NEC can do is merge the products lines. Why keep spending all the money to keep all the different product lines going. If they merge just imagine what they will come out with when they can pool all the R&D money from all the product lines into one. IMHO the aspire, IPK2 systems are 2 of the strongest key systems on the market today, and if NEC was to put more money into marketing I think it could put a real hurt on the completion.
Posted By: paulw Re: What is better the IPK or the Aspire - 08/07/07 02:08 PM
Watch this space latter in the year..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help