atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: timothy jones NEAX 2000 IPS VoIP - 02/21/05 04:41 PM
I've got NEAX 2000 IPS and a number of Dterm IP phones. NEAX 2000 IPS is aslo connected to a PBX system by NEC (dunno the model).

I want to connect my PC to the LAN and talk to Dterm IP phones from the PC using H.323 softphone.

What do I need to do that?

TIA
TJ
Posted By: domino Re: NEAX 2000 IPS VoIP - 02/22/05 10:18 AM
Not exactly sure what you want to do. Do you mean you want to control the systems using your LAN?
Posted By: timothy jones Re: NEAX 2000 IPS VoIP - 02/22/05 11:14 AM
No, I just want to be able to use my computer as a phone.

I don't want to use NEC's softphone--I already have an H.323 softphone.

From what I understand, Dterm IP phones only support proprietary NEC peer-to-peer protocol. (I might be wrong)

So if I were to use this H.323 softphone, I would need to go via NEAX 2000 IPS in order to interface to Dterm IP phones. (Correct?)

So my question is: I guess I would need some sort of interface cards or something to enable that... Do you know what is it that I need?

Thank you.

Tim
Posted By: R4+Z Re: NEAX 2000 IPS VoIP - 02/23/05 12:55 AM
I normally only like to give positive answers but on this occasion there isn't a positive answer to give. simply put it is not possible at this time. Softphone has to be protims compliant and as that is proprietary NEC you have to use NEC's softphone.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEAX 2000 IPS VoIP - 02/23/05 04:57 AM
I think on the Aspire line they are supposed to start supporting the SIP standard soon.
Posted By: timothy jones Re: NEAX 2000 IPS VoIP - 02/23/05 06:54 AM
Hold on... I remember reading something about establishing H.323 sessions with NEAX 2000 IPS [I don't have the manual at hand...]
Am I mistaking it for something else?

Otherwise, you think I can my hands onto promtis specification?

What I am after is a softphone that will work on CE .NET 4.2 and will allow me to customize its GUI...

Any ideas?

TJ
Posted By: mextera Re: NEAX 2000 IPS VoIP - 03/02/05 10:40 AM
to add H.323 devices to a IPS you need to use a Gateway not sure but think it has to be a NEC gateway.

Good Luck,

------------------
Hot Rod
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help