atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tcstrub2 Electra phone system issues? - 02/23/05 06:56 AM
Hello All,

Ok so now I guess I am probably just ebing annoying, but then again I am being annoyed as well.

Two problems, first every now and again certain extensions will just "screech" instead of giving a dial tone.

Second problem I put someone on hold yesterday and it dropped every call on the system.

Any ideas, this is a used system does it sound like a hardware problem or programming issue?

Thanks for everyones help on my previous questions, sorry I have so many questions.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Electra phone system issues? - 02/23/05 05:50 PM
is this an electra (ie old) system? or an electra elite type? or an electra professional?
Posted By: tcstrub2 Re: Electra phone system issues? - 02/24/05 12:52 PM
its an elctra elite, used
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Electra phone system issues? - 02/24/05 03:51 PM
only time i had a system drop all calls was on a pri or the cpu wasn't seated all the way in.

as far as the screeching i'm not sure. does it happen to the same exts? or are you getting feedback when going from the handset to speakerphone(which is common)???
Posted By: tcstrub2 Re: Electra phone system issues? - 02/24/05 04:31 PM
the screeching was only happening on one line, and now it seems to be happening on multiple lines...

No it doesn't have anything to do with handset to speakerphone feedback, it happens when you just try to make a call, on either the handset or speakerphone...

It tells you the extension and will even allow you to dial 9 to get an outside line, but you never hear anything except the screeching...
Posted By: tcstrub2 Re: Electra phone system issues? - 02/24/05 04:43 PM
When you dial in the system works until you dial the extension that is having the problem, once you get to that extension it disconnects you, just thought I would add that.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Electra phone system issues? - 02/24/05 07:40 PM
if you haven't tried another phone in the spot that's having the trouble i'd try it 1st.

if it does the same thing try a different port there instead. if you don't have a free port try swapping it with another one to see if the trouble follows the port or stays with the cable. that should narrow it down
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help