web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello All,

Ok so now I guess I am probably just ebing annoying, but then again I am being annoyed as well.

Two problems, first every now and again certain extensions will just "screech" instead of giving a dial tone.

Second problem I put someone on hold yesterday and it dropped every call on the system.

Any ideas, this is a used system does it sound like a hardware problem or programming issue?

Thanks for everyones help on my previous questions, sorry I have so many questions.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

is this an electra (ie old) system? or an electra elite type? or an electra professional?

OP Offline
its an elctra elite, used

only time i had a system drop all calls was on a pri or the cpu wasn't seated all the way in.

as far as the screeching i'm not sure. does it happen to the same exts? or are you getting feedback when going from the handset to speakerphone(which is common)???

OP Offline
the screeching was only happening on one line, and now it seems to be happening on multiple lines...

No it doesn't have anything to do with handset to speakerphone feedback, it happens when you just try to make a call, on either the handset or speakerphone...

It tells you the extension and will even allow you to dial 9 to get an outside line, but you never hear anything except the screeching...

OP Offline
When you dial in the system works until you dial the extension that is having the problem, once you get to that extension it disconnects you, just thought I would add that.

if you haven't tried another phone in the spot that's having the trouble i'd try it 1st.

if it does the same thing try a different port there instead. if you don't have a free port try swapping it with another one to see if the trouble follows the port or stays with the cable. that should narrow it down

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,565 Shoretel
189,438 CTX100 install
187,601 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024