atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dlev Voice Mail Dead - 02/22/07 06:45 AM
We have a customer with an NEC Electra Elite IPK that was put in by another company. Their voicemail doesn't work (Not sure that it ever has) and they want us to fix it.
It is an EliteMail CTI. I hooked a monitor up to it and rebooted the card and after a couple of minutes of booting I get this message "The program pointed to by the set Runworkplace = line in the config.sys, this file could not be started. Winstartapp returned %1."
I press ok in the dialog box for this error and the screen goes blank and that is all it does from there. The Shutdown, SW, and Bios Leds are all off.
I rebooted 3 times and got the same thing each time.
I don't know a lot about NEC and have never worked on this voicemail before, so don't rule out something simple.
Thanks
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Voice Mail Dead - 02/22/07 04:49 PM
depends on how old it is. the older models run os2 (YIKES!)

not sure what the newer ones run but the os2 versions were very funky
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Voice Mail Dead - 02/22/07 10:19 PM
I'm not sure how CTI relates to the CMS, FMS, and VMS, that I've worked on, but I believe that setting switches 1 and 3 to "on" and then rebooting will force it to come up in maintenance mode.

Then you can either run a diagnostic option, or exit to DOS and edit the config.sys file.

So, how old is this VM?
Posted By: Dlev Re: Voice Mail Dead - 02/23/07 08:00 AM
Yep, this one is definately OS2.
I have switches 8 and 9 set to ON. There is a bank of 4 Dip switches, 1,2 off. 3, 4 on. But According to the manual I have these set right.
I don't know how old, I think they have the older voicemail.
I kept downloading voicemail manuals for this system and kept getting the wrong one, I'm thinking, "how many voicemail systems do they make for this system"
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Voice Mail Dead - 02/23/07 05:18 PM
vms, cms, vmp, fms, cti are all made for the ipk.

do you even hear the drive spin up?
Posted By: pbxtek Re: Voice Mail Dead - 02/25/07 01:07 PM
Don't waste your time. Sell them an elitemail cti lx and move on. Why revive a dinosaur only to be obsolete and at best unstable. RIP.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help