atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: skiguy09 Electra elite 48 flashing light - 10/20/08 09:25 PM
When powering on the system. The LED on each of the cards, the lower LED next to the ESI button and the top LED next to the reset button all are flashing fast (about .01 seconds).

I have the job specifications manual but does not say anything about this. Could not find any manuals for the 48 online.

Does anyone have an idea on what the flashing means and how to correct. When plugging a phone on the first pair (on the internal card) it does not work.

Thanks
Posted By: vad60 Re: Electra elite 48 flashing light - 10/21/08 04:59 AM
The top LED must flash to indicate that card is plugged and working. There are LEDs that represents ports on the card. Maybe you have busy port(s) which may indicates bad or working card. Swap cards to find that out.
Posted By: skiguy09 Re: Electra elite 48 flashing light - 10/21/08 05:53 AM
I powered off the system and pulled all the cards out and then plugged them back in. Now it works. The cards are in the same slot as before.

However, now the sound quality is bad. The dialtone does not sound right and there is some static/ crackling.

I tried different phones, different ports and different power outlets.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Electra elite 48 flashing light - 10/23/08 04:40 AM
Possible problem with Power Supply.
Posted By: doghart Re: Electra elite 48 flashing light - 10/23/08 05:52 AM
The first 8 ports on the elite 48 run off the built in ESI on the CPU, not any of the cards in the slots. Try resetting the system with no cards installed and see if your stn dailtone and stn to stn calls are ok.

Then install one card at a time and check to see if your trouble comes back with each card you add.

Make sure there are not any stn or trunk cards installed in slot 2, this is for MIF cards only.

D
Posted By: eriway Re: Electra elite 48 flashing light - 10/23/08 02:43 PM
Check your amphenols. Make sure both are firmly seated. Lift them off, make a visual inspection of the amphenol ends for possible corrosion.
Posted By: skiguy09 Re: Electra elite 48 flashing light - 10/25/08 03:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am still getting the wrong dialtone. It sounds almost european with some static. Is this a ringing voltage issue?

- I checked the AMP connections, I also swapped cables and even tried using a AMP to RJ11 adaptor

- I checked and reseated the power supply connector. Is there a ringing voltage switch? How does the KSU know what ringing voltage to use?

- I tried the system with and without cards

- I tried connecting a analog phone, I get the same sound.

Thanks!
Posted By: skiguy09 Re: Electra elite 48 flashing light - 10/25/08 03:55 PM
All of the switches (SW1 and SW3) are off, is this correct?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help