web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
When powering on the system. The LED on each of the cards, the lower LED next to the ESI button and the top LED next to the reset button all are flashing fast (about .01 seconds).

I have the job specifications manual but does not say anything about this. Could not find any manuals for the 48 online.

Does anyone have an idea on what the flashing means and how to correct. When plugging a phone on the first pair (on the internal card) it does not work.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The top LED must flash to indicate that card is plugged and working. There are LEDs that represents ports on the card. Maybe you have busy port(s) which may indicates bad or working card. Swap cards to find that out.

OP Offline
I powered off the system and pulled all the cards out and then plugged them back in. Now it works. The cards are in the same slot as before.

However, now the sound quality is bad. The dialtone does not sound right and there is some static/ crackling.

I tried different phones, different ports and different power outlets.

Possible problem with Power Supply.

The first 8 ports on the elite 48 run off the built in ESI on the CPU, not any of the cards in the slots. Try resetting the system with no cards installed and see if your stn dailtone and stn to stn calls are ok.

Then install one card at a time and check to see if your trouble comes back with each card you add.

Make sure there are not any stn or trunk cards installed in slot 2, this is for MIF cards only.

D

Check your amphenols. Make sure both are firmly seated. Lift them off, make a visual inspection of the amphenol ends for possible corrosion.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestions. I am still getting the wrong dialtone. It sounds almost european with some static. Is this a ringing voltage issue?

- I checked the AMP connections, I also swapped cables and even tried using a AMP to RJ11 adaptor

- I checked and reseated the power supply connector. Is there a ringing voltage switch? How does the KSU know what ringing voltage to use?

- I tried the system with and without cards

- I tried connecting a analog phone, I get the same sound.

Thanks!

OP Offline
All of the switches (SW1 and SW3) are off, is this correct?

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,786 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024