atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 94astro DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/21/08 08:01 PM
Went to a customer's location to upgrade the software to 2.18 (I know there's newer versions) to activate the modem. After completing the upgrade the Intramail card died. Called tech support, they had me go thru a few procedures but it wouldn't come back up.

Anyone have this happen to them after an upgrade and have you found a fix?
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/22/08 07:08 PM
Never had the Intramail die, but remember that the Intramail card is only a license and storage (the mail is on the CPU card).

I did update a system and had it lock up a few days later, which I fixed by re-loading the update via a CF card...have you tried that?
Posted By: capitol Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/22/08 09:23 PM
I've had 2 of the earlier releases completely get wiped out. Thank god they were still under warranty.
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/23/08 07:08 PM
I haven't tried re-loading the software, I'll have to try that in the office. We put in a new intramail same day and got them working with the voice mail acting as an answering machine for now until the "voice" gets back in town to record all the propmts.

Thanks...
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/24/08 05:22 AM
Not meaning to be insulting, but did you reset the system after doing the update and re-inserting the Intramail?
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/24/08 06:59 AM
Sure did, I've done these upgrade procedures probably 20 times and have never had this happen.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/24/08 07:24 AM
Like Jordan mentioned - did you do the upgrade with the CF card or the System Administrator? I've never had your issue, but if things are buggy, using the CF card seems to stabilize the upgrade.
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/24/08 09:20 PM
Upgraded with the CF card. I have the bad Intramail in the office, I was hoping to try things to get it to work there when I have time.
Posted By: STS E Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/25/08 05:38 AM
You might try a different manufacturer of the the CF card.

Some folks claim better results in the brand of the CF card.

We use the CF cards sold at OFFICE DEPOT(ATIVA).

Haven't had any know issues with upgrades using them
thus far.
Posted By: RonP Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/25/08 05:31 PM
Don't know if it makes any difference, but field engineering once told me to use a 64mb card to upgrade the Aspire when I had a similar issue on that system. Don't remember why. Because of that little piece of advice, I still use a 64 when upgrading the DSX and have had no problems
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/25/08 06:51 PM
Well I have had some odd things happen with these systems (never a bad intramail...knock on wood), but there was that DSX that I mentioned earlier that locked up (who knows why)....

Another thing that happened to me was a DSX 40 that I uploaded a default to, got mounted and connected, then, I connected the USB to tweak, and ZAP! My PC shut down, and that was the end of that DSX (it even started smoking, and it had to be too young to smoke...a joke from NEC tech support).

I think that maybe your bad Intramail was, like the above example, a fluke...maybe the Intramail Card was, for some reason, incompatible with the new version...
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX 80 Dead Intramail - 11/26/08 06:33 PM
Intramail was under warranty so we're just sending it back. Thanks for the ideas...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help