atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: paulw SV8100: CO Message Waiting Indication - 12/08/09 12:02 PM
Hi All.

I have had a problem on a couple of sites that are using the telco voicemail for messaging on analog trunks. The problem is that if CLID is turned on in MB14.02.10 when the inband MWI on / off signal is sent the fones start to ring and then go to a very scratchy ring.

According to the feature manual there is a feature called "CO Message Waiting Indication" I have tried to set this up at home and test but it will not work.

Description
This feature provides a Message Waiting indication when Voice Mail from the Central Office is used. The CO provides this feature using Visual Message Waiting Indication (VMWI) standards. Visual Message Waiting Indication alerts a user that a message is present in their voice mail box. When VMWI is provided, the UNIVERGE SV8100 provides a flashing LED on a line key assigned with the trunk appearance.
The VMWI standard supported by the UNIVERGE SV8100 includes:
 Type 1 Caller ID, FSK without power ringing using the MDMF protocol
 Type 1 Caller ID, FSK without power ringing using the SDMF protocol

Anyone done this in the US / Canada??
TIA
yes. first off try to turn off simultious ring on the trunks.
Posted By: paulw Re: SV8100: CO Message Waiting Indication - 12/13/09 09:40 PM
Thanx Mike for the tip.

I guess it's a carrier difference between their MWI software and the SV8100 system. On my home landline the telco MWI still causes the fone to ring but using my SIP carrier via a Linksys PAP2T the MWI works as described in the feature manual.

Guess this is one for the too hard bin as I suspect that the carrier will not want to know about it... Will pass the info on to our dealers who strike this problem..
Posted By: kbarry Re: SV8100: CO Message Waiting Indication - 01/12/10 08:01 AM
Look in the following
MB 15-17-01 make sure that you have the trunk that has the MWI is turn on to except it.
MB 20-06-01 make sure your phone is in the correct class of service.
MB 20-07-23 make sure that turned on in the class of service the.
These are the main 3 option to turn on the light.
The next think is. Is the Telco sending the studded dial tone when there is a message?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help