atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telecotek Aspire PRI programming Question - 08/27/11 11:25 PM
Hello,

Recently aquired an NEC that came from a former tenant whose space we are moving into.

We have a new voice PRI from a new carrier and i'm attempting to turn it up. When going thru the programing i don't see any way to set it to ESF/B8ZS. We have a standard NI2 PRI the carrier doesn't see the D-Channel. The former tennant had a PRI so i thought it should be pretty much plug and play with a few possible adjustments.

Should have the version of switch and card model when i get in first thing monday. Is it possible that i could need addtional hardware or a license?

Thanks in advance..
Posted By: RonP Re: Aspire PRI programming Question - 08/28/11 09:40 AM
Been a while since I played with a PRI on an Aspire but it comes as ESF/B8ZS. There is no other option. Is ther a CSU/DSU in between that needs to be set? Do you have a T bird available to verify that you can call into the Aspire?
Posted By: ttech Re: Aspire PRI programming Question - 08/28/11 11:10 AM
Many of the new carriers put in a box that requires a T1 crossover connection between the IAD and the phone system.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Aspire PRI programming Question - 08/28/11 11:57 AM
When in doubt call a dealer in.
Posted By: telecotek Re: Aspire PRI programming Question - 08/29/11 04:57 AM
Hello, All thanks for your replies. Glad to see an active board with people who know the topic..

it's coming off an Adtran IAD I have a X-Over. have a dealer coming tomorrow. But im moving into a new space this week and would rather get this pri turned up sooner rather then later. Also if i need parts want them ordered this morning.

Is there a way to status the channels? Seems like a lot of settings in the PRI form that I don't recognize.

Also is it possible that it wouldn't be able to route DID's - does that require a license?
Posted By: Toolie Re: Aspire PRI programming Question - 08/29/11 07:05 AM
You need the PAL expansion chip on your processor card to run the PRI on the Aspire......
Posted By: telecotek Re: Aspire PRI programming Question - 08/29/11 07:50 AM
OK well i have the PRI up. i can make outbound calls. But my DID's wont ring inbound..

I'll start another thread for that one thanks everyone.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Aspire PRI programming Question - 08/29/11 04:16 PM
BTW you do NOT need the upgraded PAL to use PRI anymore..only has to be at a certain software revision level..and of course within 64 ports with a base Aspire M.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help