atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: WJS Cap Keys - 10/06/11 06:43 AM
I have an SV8100 at a large motel. Software ver 4.01. Its been installed since June. Three times now they have called with a cap key thats lit and calls aren't coming in. I reset the CO card and it drops and everything is fine. I don't know what they are doing or any other way to clear it. I know which phone it is because its lit green, I just don't know how to clear it. Ideas? Thanks!
Posted By: Rickman Re: Cap Keys - 10/06/11 06:56 AM
I would start by checking to see if you have duplicate cap keys on all the phones.
Posted By: WJS Re: Cap Keys - 11/23/11 06:30 AM
This just happend again. Yes I have duplicate cap key s on all the phones in the office but don't see why that would be an issue. By "all the phones in the office" it's probably 6 phones. I can see its green on one phone but can't clear it without popping the co card.
Posted By: dans Re: Cap Keys - 11/23/11 08:48 AM
You might want to upgrade the software to 5.02, never know this might clear up the issue.
Posted By: doghart Re: Cap Keys - 11/23/11 04:58 PM
POTs lines can hang on cap keys some times. Any chance of getting them on a PRI?

Upgrading to 5.xx could be helpful, but I have an idea it's an issue with disconnect supervision.

D
Posted By: paulw Re: Cap Keys - 11/24/11 12:43 PM
I'm a bit reluctant to get involved with US trunking but down here the carriers use answer reversal and clear forward. Ans rev for out going and clear FWB is a 800 ms open on the ring wire set in 14.02.12 set on by defauult. Failing that we use "busytone detect" in 14.02.09 and 14.02.18. which I see in the US default these are not turned on..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help