atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: numnum VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 03/07/12 10:37 AM
I recently upgraded an IPK to an IPKII. there is a VMP-X U-40 voicemail card(dos)2 port that does not boot up fully. when i connect with co-sessions,both ports say error 65,5 7. anyone run into this before?
Posted By: numnum Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 03/07/12 11:28 AM
i just connected with co-sessions and went to the utility menu and chose reboot. the card came up normal. But if I power down the the phone system and bring it back up, the voicemail goes back to the error message. so if the customer has a power outage this will be a problem.

BTW the cpu version is 1.61
Posted By: doghart Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 03/07/12 12:29 PM
On an IPKII the voicemail (LX or DOS) will try to boot before the CPU card is fully online.

If you power cycle the pbx you have to manually restart the voicemail card.

just a design flaw on the IPKII

D
Posted By: numnum Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 03/07/12 02:58 PM
You have to put a delay in the start-up of the vmail. Take out CF card and put in reader. copy the autoexec.bat to . old and then edit it by adding this right after the smartdrive statement
call C:\host\wait 120 if you need a copy of the file contact me at [email protected]
Posted By: doghart Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 03/07/12 06:31 PM
Originally posted by numnum:
You have to put a delay in the start-up of the vmail. Take out CF card and put in reader. copy the autoexec.bat to . old and then edit it by adding this right after the smartdrive statement
call C:\host\wait 120 if you need a copy of the file contact me at [email protected]
excellent work around, thanks for the tip!

D
Posted By: chuckeycharles Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 04/22/13 12:23 AM
I just took over a customer with an IPK-II and a 4 port EliteMail VMP

When originally called out, the customer reported a loss of service following an electrical storm

We reset the Voice Mail and the CPU. Never does the Voice Mail come up in the IPK-II and gives the same port error, 65-5, 7 also some other banner screen errors

This Voice Mail system works just fine on my test bench system which is an IPK (Not IPK-II).

Also, if I light up the voice mail cabinet on my bench, with no CPU or other cards I get the same port errors

Does anyone know where I can find a document that explains these errors.

We are about to insist that the customer replace the entire system which is beneficial to us, but, possibly not the right thing. I believe that their insurance will pay, but, still want to make the right recommendation
Posted By: doghart Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 04/22/13 01:25 AM
Remove the card from the slot, use PcPro to delete the card from the slot. Disconnect PCPro. Then re-insert the card and turn it on. The system should automatically re-add the card and re-assign the ports. You may have to put the VM card in a different slot.

65-5 error means the slot in the KSU does not recognize the board. Similar to if you programmed the VM board in an IPK but did not do program 7-2.

They don't need a new system.

D

Posted By: chuckeycharles Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 04/22/13 02:11 AM
Thank you for such a quick reply

Actually, I deleted the card using Web Pro and tried to get it to auto recognize the card in the slots S-4 to S-7. The card was originally in S-8. The VMP(X)-U40 never booted up.

I installed and programmed the card using PC Pro in slot S-5 (Did not want to interrupt the customer's business any further), reset the programmed card (while in slot 5) and the card still would not boot up.

So possibly the storm has affected the remaining card slots.

Although I also slotted an ESIB(8) card in S-5 with the VMP(X) card in slot 4, and then swapped the ESI card and the VMP card. Both times the ESI card would come up with a warm reset of the CPU. Neither time did the VMP card boot up nor was it recognized by the CPU on the config page. Only the ESI card appeared on the config page.

I also managed to capture these hardware errors when taking a screen shot of the banner page

(M140-1) (E7-255) (D3)
Posted By: doghart Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 04/23/13 02:41 AM
Possibly a backplane issue with that cabinet??

Hmm... head-scratcher indeed.

Possible to take another ksu to site and move the CPU and vm over to see if it will boot up?

D
Posted By: dans Re: VMP-X has errors on IPKII - 04/23/13 01:25 PM
On the IPK II I was told to always delete cards in the slot using phone programming and afterward reboot the system.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help