web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#248957 03/07/12 06:37 AM
numnum Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently upgraded an IPK to an IPKII. there is a VMP-X U-40 voicemail card(dos)2 port that does not boot up fully. when i connect with co-sessions,both ports say error 65,5 7. anyone run into this before?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

numnum Offline OP
OP Offline
i just connected with co-sessions and went to the utility menu and chose reboot. the card came up normal. But if I power down the the phone system and bring it back up, the voicemail goes back to the error message. so if the customer has a power outage this will be a problem.

BTW the cpu version is 1.61

On an IPKII the voicemail (LX or DOS) will try to boot before the CPU card is fully online.

If you power cycle the pbx you have to manually restart the voicemail card.

just a design flaw on the IPKII

D

numnum Offline OP
OP Offline
You have to put a delay in the start-up of the vmail. Take out CF card and put in reader. copy the autoexec.bat to . old and then edit it by adding this right after the smartdrive statement
call C:\host\wait 120 if you need a copy of the file contact me at [email protected]

Originally posted by numnum:
You have to put a delay in the start-up of the vmail. Take out CF card and put in reader. copy the autoexec.bat to . old and then edit it by adding this right after the smartdrive statement
call C:\host\wait 120 if you need a copy of the file contact me at [email protected]
excellent work around, thanks for the tip!

D

I just took over a customer with an IPK-II and a 4 port EliteMail VMP

When originally called out, the customer reported a loss of service following an electrical storm

We reset the Voice Mail and the CPU. Never does the Voice Mail come up in the IPK-II and gives the same port error, 65-5, 7 also some other banner screen errors

This Voice Mail system works just fine on my test bench system which is an IPK (Not IPK-II).

Also, if I light up the voice mail cabinet on my bench, with no CPU or other cards I get the same port errors

Does anyone know where I can find a document that explains these errors.

We are about to insist that the customer replace the entire system which is beneficial to us, but, possibly not the right thing. I believe that their insurance will pay, but, still want to make the right recommendation

Remove the card from the slot, use PcPro to delete the card from the slot. Disconnect PCPro. Then re-insert the card and turn it on. The system should automatically re-add the card and re-assign the ports. You may have to put the VM card in a different slot.

65-5 error means the slot in the KSU does not recognize the board. Similar to if you programmed the VM board in an IPK but did not do program 7-2.

They don't need a new system.

D

Last edited by doghart; 04/21/13 09:26 PM.
Thank you for such a quick reply

Actually, I deleted the card using Web Pro and tried to get it to auto recognize the card in the slots S-4 to S-7. The card was originally in S-8. The VMP(X)-U40 never booted up.

I installed and programmed the card using PC Pro in slot S-5 (Did not want to interrupt the customer's business any further), reset the programmed card (while in slot 5) and the card still would not boot up.

So possibly the storm has affected the remaining card slots.

Although I also slotted an ESIB(8) card in S-5 with the VMP(X) card in slot 4, and then swapped the ESI card and the VMP card. Both times the ESI card would come up with a warm reset of the CPU. Neither time did the VMP card boot up nor was it recognized by the CPU on the config page. Only the ESI card appeared on the config page.

I also managed to capture these hardware errors when taking a screen shot of the banner page

(M140-1) (E7-255) (D3)

Last edited by chuckeycharles; 04/21/13 10:30 PM.
Possibly a backplane issue with that cabinet??

Hmm... head-scratcher indeed.

Possible to take another ksu to site and move the CPU and vm over to see if it will boot up?

D

On the IPK II I was told to always delete cards in the slot using phone programming and afterward reboot the system.

We get old too soon, smart too late

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024