atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 808bumbye Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/13/13 06:38 PM
Aloha,

I have read similar threads, but none of them seem to apply (as far as my understanding goes).

I have an Electra IPK II system. Yesterday afternoon, VM stopped working. Dialing the pilot number results in constant ringing, never picking up. Same when calling to to the system from outside. No changes have been made to the system. There is very limited knowledge about this phone system. I am a VoIP guy and understand telephony, but have not had my hands on a digital system such as this NEC. There is no documentation left behind from the installer (the system is 10 years old).

The LEDs lit up on the card are as follows:

CF Power - ON
Live (LED4) - Flashing
CH1 - ON
LED6 - ON
App1 - ON
LED8 - ON

All are red.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,

Tony
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/13/13 07:45 PM
Now it seems auto-attendant has stopped answering as well. Signs pointing to a bigger issue? Can call direct lines in and out ok...
Posted By: paulw Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/13/13 07:57 PM
I would repower the PBX and see if the mail comes on line again..
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/13/13 08:07 PM
Thanks Paul. I have done that to no avail.
Posted By: dans Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/13/13 09:26 PM
Some might blast me for this but I have done this at multiple sites. With the system powered up pull the voice mail card, count to 10 and re-slot it. It will take 5 minutes or more to boot up if its going to.
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/13/13 10:06 PM
Did that smile Now, can't dial in/out at all. I shut the system off and am staring into space. Will turn it back on again in a little bit, hoping that some divine intervention will resolve the issues.

PRI is (well, was) showing LOF.

Edited to say that system is back up after reboot. Still no VM.
Posted By: dans Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/13/13 10:45 PM
Call in a NEC tech!!
Long shot, but is it possible the little black busy-out switch was switched in the down position? If so, switch it back to the up position.
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/13/13 11:19 PM
I was able to get a hold of the guy who installed the system (likely the only NEC tech on this island) and he is coming out with a spare VM card to test with.

And the busy-out switch was in the correct position. Good suggestion (and I wish that WAS it).

Good Luck!
Posted By: paulw Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/14/13 12:28 AM
Is this a DOS mail or Linux?? If DOS it will need the startup delay if Linux it should just go..
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/14/13 12:32 AM
This is DOS mail. And I am not sure what you are referencing in regards to the startup delay. Meaning it should take a bit to boot?
Posted By: paulw Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/14/13 08:30 PM
Hi 808bumbye,

When a DOS Elite mail is put into a IPK2 the mail starts up before the mail ports on the IPK2 are ready resulting in port error messages on the port screen of the mail. The solution is to replace the autoexec.bat file in the Elitemail to delay startup for 60 seconds to allow the IPK2 ports to be ready. A link to the file is below. Extract and copy with Cos-session this to the C:\ on the mail and repower the system. It may help solve your problem.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15032525/AUTOEXEC.zip
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/18/13 08:19 PM
Thanks for the clarification!

The tech that came out suggested a new card. He did nothing more than pull the card and put it back in the chassis. On Friday, he said his contact at NEC would locate a card for us and ship it out. Today he says we should just buy one ourselves. I don't have a lot of faith in this guy.

So, while I am comfortable performing the steps you outlined below, I do not have the Cos-session software. In addition, are there any reputable re-sellers you can recommend to get a card?

Thanks.
Isn't the IPKII discontinued and unsupported?
Posted By: paulw Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/19/13 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Isn't the IPKII discontinued and unsupported?

In my part of the world yes.. We never sold a great deal of them as it was . The only one I support these days is the one I have at home..
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/22/13 05:13 PM
Ok, I am back smile

I have purchased a refurb VM card, with EliteMail CF card. When I boot it with the EliteMail card that came with the refurb card, it boots fine and works (though the VM menu is for another company and therefore is so far unusable for us). When I put our original CF card into the unit, it fails. So this points to a corrupt CF card, correct?

What can I do to either get our original CF card working again and/or what are my options for resetting the new EliteMail card to factory so we can start over?

Many Thanks...
I am pretty sure the CF card is tied to the board.
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/22/13 06:27 PM
No, I thought that too. But I just put the refurb CF card in my (thought to be failed) VM card and it came up. So the problem is our CF card.

Can it be a corrupt message or greeting that is causing this? We had two staff members recording Out of Office messages when this all went awry...
I don't remember the combination, but a certain switch combination when the card is booted should force elitemail to come up in diagnostic mode. From there you can defrag the CF and you can delete log files, and similar maintenance.

If the CF is the problem, and if you can force it to come up in diagnostic mode, you might be able to fix it.
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/25/13 07:50 PM
Thanks for hanging in there with me... as this goes beyond 2 weeks.

I do not have a cross-over cable (or any raw cat 5 to make one) and I do not have CoSessions.

Is there an easy way to wipe the refurb card that DOES work? I can call VM and get the old companies VM message. Is there a way to wipe that from the handset?
Posted By: 808bumbye Re: Elite IPK II Voicemail Stopped Working - 11/27/13 09:21 PM
For all of you who are on the edge of your seats waiting to see how this all played out, an update.

Phone guy found a CF card in his truck. Plugged it in and it was defaulted. Programmed in about 30 minutes and we are back up.

A Thanksgiving Miracle, I guess.

I now have two CF cards that need to be defaulted. Any suggestions on who I can send them to?

Aloha!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help