atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean DSX-40 - Inbound Ringing Timer? - 03/20/14 03:33 PM
I'm programming a DSX-40 using DSX System Administrator (v.3.33). Currently the phones are answered immediately by IntraMail and callers hear the auto-attendant (Thank you for calling ABC Co., Press 1, Press 2, etc.).

Client wants the phone to be answered live by the receptionist, and have the auto-attendant answer after 4 ~ 6 rings as a back-up.

I've looked under "System Timers", but can't find anything definitive. Am I sniffing the wrong tree?

Posted By: STS E Re: DSX-40 - Inbound Ringing Timer? - 03/20/14 03:48 PM
Danny, look at TIMERS/1601:1. try 16-24 Sec. (4-6 rings).
Posted By: Ken B Re: DSX-40 - Inbound Ringing Timer? - 03/20/14 03:53 PM
Probably not the timers - you may still want to adjust the timer TJ mentioned for overflow to auto attendant after key ringing the phones - Check your Call Routing Options on each line & either adjust the schedule if you're using one or change the day/night options if that is what is being used to direct calls - You will probably also need to check the key ring programming and ring assignment programming per phone.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: DSX-40 - Inbound Ringing Timer? - 03/20/14 03:58 PM
Thanks. That seems to have worked. The manual doesn't make it clear: (1601-01: Line No Answer Timer
Use this option to set how long Hold Recall rings the extension that placed the call on hold before Key Ring occurs.

That's why I like my Nortel. I can program them with one finger in my nose!

Thanks again! aok
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: DSX-40 - Inbound Ringing Timer? - 03/20/14 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Ken B
Probably not the timers - you may still want to adjust the timer TJ mentioned for overflow to auto attendant after key ringing the phones - Check your Call Routing Options on each line & either adjust the schedule if you're using one or change the day/night options if that is what is being used to direct calls - You will probably also need to check the key ring programming and ring assignment programming per phone.

I don't see any schedules (or day/night) listed. Calls are going straight to 801 with the timer previously mentioned set to "0". When I changed the entry to "16", it rings four times before the Auto Attendant kicks in.
Posted By: Ken B Re: DSX-40 - Inbound Ringing Timer? - 03/20/14 04:05 PM
Gotcha - different way of doing it, but as long as you've got it working!!
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: DSX-40 - Inbound Ringing Timer? - 03/20/14 04:08 PM
I didn't set this system up initially...was dropped in my lap. Programming seems "easier" than Nortel (no GUI there), but the nomenclature is way different. I guess it's like learning a new language...
Posted By: Ken B Re: DSX-40 - Inbound Ringing Timer? - 03/20/14 06:06 PM
I've been a Nortel installer for years also, but needed something with name recognition and reliable to be able to offer new - I've been installing the DSX and SL1100 systems for a couple of years now and it does get easier once you've got a few of them installed...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help