web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm programming a DSX-40 using DSX System Administrator (v.3.33). Currently the phones are answered immediately by IntraMail and callers hear the auto-attendant (Thank you for calling ABC Co., Press 1, Press 2, etc.).

Client wants the phone to be answered live by the receptionist, and have the auto-attendant answer after 4 ~ 6 rings as a back-up.

I've looked under "System Timers", but can't find anything definitive. Am I sniffing the wrong tree?

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Danny, look at TIMERS/1601:1. try 16-24 Sec. (4-6 rings).

-TJ-
Probably not the timers - you may still want to adjust the timer TJ mentioned for overflow to auto attendant after key ringing the phones - Check your Call Routing Options on each line & either adjust the schedule if you're using one or change the day/night options if that is what is being used to direct calls - You will probably also need to check the key ring programming and ring assignment programming per phone.

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
OP Offline
Thanks. That seems to have worked. The manual doesn't make it clear: (1601-01: Line No Answer Timer
Use this option to set how long Hold Recall rings the extension that placed the call on hold before Key Ring occurs.

That's why I like my Nortel. I can program them with one finger in my nose!

Thanks again! aok

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ken B
Probably not the timers - you may still want to adjust the timer TJ mentioned for overflow to auto attendant after key ringing the phones - Check your Call Routing Options on each line & either adjust the schedule if you're using one or change the day/night options if that is what is being used to direct calls - You will probably also need to check the key ring programming and ring assignment programming per phone.

I don't see any schedules (or day/night) listed. Calls are going straight to 801 with the timer previously mentioned set to "0". When I changed the entry to "16", it rings four times before the Auto Attendant kicks in.

Last edited by Danny_Ocean; 03/20/14 12:03 PM.

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Gotcha - different way of doing it, but as long as you've got it working!!

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
OP Offline
I didn't set this system up initially...was dropped in my lap. Programming seems "easier" than Nortel (no GUI there), but the nomenclature is way different. I guess it's like learning a new language...

Last edited by Danny_Ocean; 03/20/14 12:09 PM.

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
I've been a Nortel installer for years also, but needed something with name recognition and reliable to be able to offer new - I've been installing the DSX and SL1100 systems for a couple of years now and it does get easier once you've got a few of them installed...

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,661 CTX100 install
187,871 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 130 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024