atcomsystems.ca/forum
Dear All ,

I have a hospital has SV8100 system with 80 NEC IP Phones and rest the system is analogue , recently we are install new netwrok wired to separation the VOIP network from hospital network , i connected this new network on netgear smart switch with POE(GS728TP)

every switch has from 5- 10 IP phones connected , the POE budget of switch is 192W and the first 8 ports in switch are give POE+

The customer tell me in the different times of day the IP phones logged off and need to reset to work again

I don't know this problem from switch side or SV8100 side

please any help anyone
Is there any help ??
Is it all of the IP phones? or certain ones connected to a certain switch? Not sure what you mean by logged out? Just not connected to the system or do actually have to log the phone back into the system? Could be anything.
not all phones but a part of it , logged off mean the phone be working and registered suddenly become logged off on the phone screen
Posted By: sk Re: NEC IP phones with GS728TP Netgear Switch POE - 05/14/14 11:06 AM
Assuming that this is Ethernet switch related try getting the spanning tree shut off on the ip phone ports. I am guessing that there is a delay for when the port starts sending and the ip phones are timing out.
Do you mean i should disable spanning tree in the switches ?

Are there other things from switch side cause the delay in the network ?
Yes, disable Spanning tree, enable PortFast.

D
what do you mean in port fast ?
Typically, when you disable spanning tree, portfast is enabled. I don't know that switch, but many switches operate this way. It's one way or the other.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help