atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Deltron SL1100 VM issue. - 04/28/15 02:07 PM
We have had an ongoing issue with our in house VM with a caller leaving a call and on retrieval we'll hear the first few seconds of the caller then static. I attributed this to our system being rather old and having a number of software upgrades since installation.

Well, now we're starting to have a number of customers complaining about this. especially two medical practices that are quite put out.

Naturally, like Vodavi was wont to do, NEC claims they've never heard of this (this truly annoys me) even though they listened to one of the messages. We now have enough complaints that it has to be a systemic issue. Any idea of the fix or is there an external mail system we can use that's reasonably priced?

All of the systems are 4.50 but we noticed it with ours even on earlier releases.
Posted By: dans Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 04/28/15 05:16 PM
NEC is a company that stands behind their product like no other I have worked with. Get back on the phone with tech support with the additional complaints.

If you have a tech ID number from NEC go to the NTAC website and look for the SL1100 forum, log a complaint there.
Posted By: skip555 Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 04/28/15 05:26 PM
Like Dans Said , I would also call the NEC account manger for your area and get him involved
Posted By: erniejoey Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 04/28/15 06:32 PM
Having the same issue. 4.50 software...
Posted By: paulw Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 04/28/15 08:53 PM
Not had this problem down here. Maybe a batch of faulty CF cards. Some times I have found that after upgrading it pays to default the SL1100 and then reload it.
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 04/29/15 03:03 PM
Ernie, did NEC tech support tell you the same thing, "Never heard of it?"

My guys are pulling a new install out later this week if we don't have an answer, the customer is that annoyed. Fortunately I have enough DSX inventory to do so but not enough to do it again.
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 05/06/15 03:30 AM
Replacing the system in the morning. No response on the NTAC SL1100 forum. Looks like we may have to replace two more if I can't find an answer.

Is there any external mail that works with the SL? That would be cheaper than eating systems.
Posted By: ttech Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 05/11/15 05:27 PM
Try disabling 14-02-24

Some people say it fixes it.
Posted By: paulw Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 05/11/15 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by ttech
Try disabling 14-02-24

Some people say it fixes it.

Your SLs must have a lot more in them than ours running software 5.12 . We only go up to PRG 14.02.20 cool
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 05/12/15 12:14 AM
14-02-24 isn't the issue.

For what it's worth we have another one that's mystifying. When a station member records their greeting it plays back OK internally. When you call in it will play for a few seconds and break in to white noise. If you rerecord it then it's OK.

This is driving us batty.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 05/12/15 01:48 AM
Ok stupid question. When you get the systems do you initialize them then download the datase then program?
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 05/17/15 03:16 AM
Yep, stupid question.

It seems our issues may well be caused by the CLEC interfaces. When NEC looked at our databases and called in to the systems two somewhat related issues showed up. One location had line voltage higher than normal and our office both transmit and receive was too hot. The line balancing program could not properly compensate.

Now, it may or may not be the issue with the voicemail, we'll have to wait and see if it clears up. I now know what to look for and what to do in certain specialized cases.

There's also some changes that can be made for momentary fade out of calls. It's all a LOT more complex than I ever would have believed. As to why the DSX didn't have issues with all of this I have no idea.

Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 05/17/15 10:44 AM
Well the SL1100 is basically a dumbed down UX5000. Understanding these systems the actual programming is an overlay of the hardware that is initialized. The same procedure I have used since the nitsuko I-series because in essence it's pretty much the same idea. IF you don't first init these systems and let them properly identify the hardware you can have weird issues. Not sure how hot telco lines cause problems with internal vm calls.
Posted By: Deltron Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 05/19/15 01:26 PM
Initial indications are in fact too hot of lines are the problem. Tech support seems to be aware of this and is trying to track down what it is.

At least so far the customer we were having a major problem with this hasn't faulted yet. We trimmed -4.5db transmit and receive on all lines.

Anyway, ALL the issues were CO related, not internal.
Posted By: erniejoey Re: SL1100 VM issue. - 06/02/15 01:08 PM
Deltron did you kick the lines down at the Demarc or thru the SL1100. Who is the carrier...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help