atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rtp DSX 160 Station Troubles - 06/24/15 06:32 PM
Hello,

My Customer's DSX 160 has been rock solid since installed in sept of 2012 with all new hardware. Trunks are 8 POTS lines behind good electronic fuse protection. All wiring is new. System is on a UPS and System is properly grounded.

Lately, the customer claims Line 6 dials line 1, and, some stations will intercom each other by themselves.

They have v-mail to email feature, so I have disconneted the Internet, so to not allow hacking, and, have by-passed the UPS.
There is no sign of water damage at the Unit or stations.

We have re-booted several times. All is quiet after every re-boot for about a day, then the same troubles come back. It may be quiet for several days, then, get several of the above events in the span of a couple of hours, then quiet for a few more days.

I have not replaced any hardware yet, but was thinking of replacing the CPU first. Other than the Power Supply, I have 2 16 port station cards and 2, 8 port trunk cards.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting going forward?
The Customer is keeping a log of dates and events.
They are within 5 miles, which is a plus.

I've checked with all my NEC buddies, but no solid leads yet.
Should I start with the CPU replacement?

Thanks,
Techroy

Posted By: skip555 Re: DSX 160 Station Troubles - 06/24/15 07:40 PM
I would defaut and re prgràm first
Posted By: rtp Re: DSX 160 Station Troubles - 06/24/15 09:35 PM
Skip, i have backed-up System files recently to my laptop. Can I reload using them? Or are you saying to wipe the system back to default and manually re-program? Thanks, Roy.
Posted By: brokeda Re: DSX 160 Station Troubles - 06/25/15 04:08 AM
Had this on a ds2000,it was CPU.
Posted By: rtp Re: DSX 160 Station Troubles - 07/21/15 10:17 PM
brokeda,....I'm thinking of replacing the CPU. The System continues to have strange station problems. Now, at times,
calls placed on hold and picked up by another user will hear a call-back or camp-on tone in their ear. The call was not transfered, just placed on hold and picked up by a 2nd inside user. When the 2nd inside user hangs up, he and the 1 st inside user who placed the call on-hold will be connected.
But, this only happens at times. Could high loop current on my 8 pots lines be doing this?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help