web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#590575 06/24/15 02:32 PM
rtp Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

My Customer's DSX 160 has been rock solid since installed in sept of 2012 with all new hardware. Trunks are 8 POTS lines behind good electronic fuse protection. All wiring is new. System is on a UPS and System is properly grounded.

Lately, the customer claims Line 6 dials line 1, and, some stations will intercom each other by themselves.

They have v-mail to email feature, so I have disconneted the Internet, so to not allow hacking, and, have by-passed the UPS.
There is no sign of water damage at the Unit or stations.

We have re-booted several times. All is quiet after every re-boot for about a day, then the same troubles come back. It may be quiet for several days, then, get several of the above events in the span of a couple of hours, then quiet for a few more days.

I have not replaced any hardware yet, but was thinking of replacing the CPU first. Other than the Power Supply, I have 2 16 port station cards and 2, 8 port trunk cards.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting going forward?
The Customer is keeping a log of dates and events.
They are within 5 miles, which is a plus.

I've checked with all my NEC buddies, but no solid leads yet.
Should I start with the CPU replacement?

Thanks,
Techroy

techroy
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I would defaut and re prgràm first

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
rtp Offline OP
OP Offline
Skip, i have backed-up System files recently to my laptop. Can I reload using them? Or are you saying to wipe the system back to default and manually re-program? Thanks, Roy.

techroy
Had this on a ds2000,it was CPU.

rtp Offline OP
OP Offline
brokeda,....I'm thinking of replacing the CPU. The System continues to have strange station problems. Now, at times,
calls placed on hold and picked up by another user will hear a call-back or camp-on tone in their ear. The call was not transfered, just placed on hold and picked up by a 2nd inside user. When the 2nd inside user hangs up, he and the 1 st inside user who placed the call on-hold will be connected.
But, this only happens at times. Could high loop current on my 8 pots lines be doing this?

techroy

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024