atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DMontgomery SL1100 - Upgrade Firmware from 3.50 - 09/07/17 07:14 PM
Hello,

We are looking to upgrade the firmware on our PBX and I wanted to check to see if others had suggestions. We are currently on 3.5 and I believe the current version is 7.0 my questions are:

1) Can we do a direct upgrade from 3.50 to 7.0? I don't see anything other than 7.0 available for download so I believe a direct upgrade is possible but wanted to confirm.
2) Any info about the length of time these upgrades take, or the stability would be helpful. This is our main PBX so our phones will essentially ring unanswered once I start the upgrade so looking to make sure we don't stand a large chance of being down an extended period for the upgrade or due to a failure.
3) If anyone has experienced a failed upgrade how did you resolve?

Thanks!!
Posted By: oobie Re: SL1100 - Upgrade Firmware from 3.50 - 09/07/17 08:18 PM
1. yes
2. the system is operational until it reboots or until your scheduled time for reboot. And it's usually only offline for a few minutes
3. never had a failure. But always back up first before you start your upgrade.
Posted By: helpifican Re: SL1100 - Upgrade Firmware from 3.50 - 09/08/17 01:09 PM
Make sure you upgrade your version of PCPro. It is not forward compatible. Also note increased security for retrieving VM messages remotely with v7. You MUST have a password set in your VM box or it returns a message that the mailbox does not exist.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help