atcomsystems.ca/forum
Alright guys, I've been at "Company X" for some time now, and they want me to figure out why the SV-8100 is not paging. I determined that the Valcom 2000A works, the speakers work (I've run music through them from the Valcome 2000A on the Tip/Ring side, but the system will not page under any circumstance when using external paging from the phone. Can anyone help me figure out what to do, what the set, etc...?
Was external paging working and stopped?

What procedure are you using for external paging, intercom dial tone and access number, one touch button or navigating the menu via the display?
The external page port on the SV8100 will not pass along touch tones for a zone paging device. Use a CO port if needed. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by dans
Was external paging working and stopped?

What procedure are you using for external paging, intercom dial tone and access number, one touch button or navigating the menu via the display?

External paging did work for a bit. It stopped before I ever started here. We access the external paging by dialing 703 and then selecting group 0 for all. In the past this worked for them. Now it doesn't.
There are 2 ways to connect the 2000A for external paging, trunk port or page port, you need to call in a NEC tech, he or she will determined if the connection is correct or the paging port went bad. My guess someone messed with the wiring or settings in the 2000A
Has this been resolved?

Do you here the paging coming out of the phone system?

are you using CPU Page port

I had a problem with the connection because I was using a stereo plug as opposed to a mono
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help