atcomsystems.ca/forum
I am remotely working with a customer who has a NEC DSX 80 v01.01.30. I am trying to configure/program the system for an external audio source for MOH. We have already connected the on-hold player to the CPU PCB input mini jack. The issue I am having is programming the system for the external audio source. I have read through all the manuals and have attempted to have the person onsite program from a NEC 22B desktop phone. I instructed to him to press **** for password. Once we access the system configuration menu we get stuck. I know I have to get to programming option 1521-01 to enable MOH and 3103-05 to define the MOH source, I'm just not sure how to get there from the initial menu screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Ken B Re: NEC DSX 80 external source MOH programming - 04/24/19 10:01 PM
I don't have a live system to check this on and don't remember the access levels, but you may not have access using a level 1 office admin login - you may need to have them log in with the level 3 system admin2 login.
Ken,

I had them log in with password *** also, which is supposed to be admin2 level login and it takes me to the same menu.
Upon further troubleshooting with the customer when pressing **** system password (****) + HOLD the phone is not entering programming mode. I know on some other OEM onsite PBX's you have to be on a certain extension to access programming, although I haven't read anywhere that is the case with NEC.
Posted By: Ken B Re: NEC DSX 80 external source MOH programming - 04/25/19 12:42 PM
You should be able to login from any set. You mentioned when they login it takes them to the same menu no matter which access level they use... What menu is that? Have they tried the installer login as well? Does that take them to the same menu?
Any bets the programming is fine and the MOH connector used was a stereo one rather than mono?
Posted By: dans Re: NEC DSX 80 external source MOH programming - 04/25/19 01:59 PM
WOW, that's a old version
Ken B is correct, you can access system programming from any station.
By default MOH is disabled.

I would go onsite, This system has been around for awhile, I would replace the battery on the CPU.
Connect via a lap top and back up the data base.
Coral Tech,

MOH connector is 3.5mm mono.
Originally Posted by dans
WOW, that's a old version
Ken B is correct, you can access system programming from any station.
By default MOH is disabled.

I would go onsite, This system has been around for awhile, I would replace the battery on the CPU.
Connect via a lap top and back up the data base.

Dans,

Unfortunately, I am not their phone tech and the person I'm working with onsite does not have working knowledge of the phone system. Is there a way to connect to the NEC CPU via either Ethernet cable or USB to access the DSX system administration web interface?

Posted By: dans Re: NEC DSX 80 external source MOH programming - 04/25/19 02:28 PM
You need system admin software to access via PC or lab top, the CPU has a ethernet port to do this.
They need to locate a company familiar with the DSX for service.
Thanks for all the replies. Will recommend they contact a NEC DSX tech to program system.
I was thinking that you could only access system level programming from x300 (x301 on later FW)? Or was that just SA for IntraMail?
Posted By: dans Re: NEC DSX 80 external source MOH programming - 05/08/19 01:47 PM
System programming can be accessed from any working display phone
Intramail admin access by default is mailbox 1 extension 300, this can be changed in system programming.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help