atcomsystems.ca/forum
Good Afternoon,

Any help would be appreciated as I know nothing about phone systems. Our office has a NEC DSX34B phone system. Currently when you call in, before it even rings, you hear a greeting along the lines of, "Thank you for calling Company. For X, dial 301, for Y, dial Z, etc." I know how to change each individual's voice mailbox greeting ("You have reached the voicemail box of X, please leave a message after the tone") by going to VM > Security Code > Greeting > Select the greeting I want, but I cannot figure out how to change the opening greeting as it is not one of the recorded greetings for mail boxes. It was recorded by an old employee, so I know it is possible. Thoughts?

Thank you!
Look under auto attendant. Usually the operator ext (usually 301) had admin access. Dial 72 (SA) for system admin then instruction. Usually you start with 001 but could be different.
I believe the DSX started with 801-808 for instruction menus.
The IntraMail handbook shows them as being 001 - 016 at default.
There are 16 call routing mailboxes in the system. Each has an extension number associated with it. Typically that's 801 - 816.
If its a DSX system the instruction boxes begin with 001. Coral Techs reply above is how you access the admin functions. When you access box 001 the system will you give the options to listen, erase and record, ALWAYS LISTEN BEFORE RECORDING to confirm you are in the correct box.
The DSX system software Instructions menu mailbox numbers changed during the life of the system.

The Legacy system version 2. were Instructions mailboxes 001-008.
Version 3.0 Instruction mailboxes are 801-808.

Version 3. era had major software changes. You also had upgrades to Admin software as well.
Extension numbers changed. Example: 300 up one 301. 301 became extension 302, etc.

So you need to determine what software is currently used.
STS E- Many thanks for clearing this up! thumbsup
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help