atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: metelcom dual network ? - 08/13/07 03:21 PM
I have 2 NICs in my computer one has DHCP the other I change static address to match phone system that I'm connecting to. Most of the time when I have both cards enabled I can't get to the Internet, I have had it working right but find that I have to disable 2nd card most of the time. Is there a way to tell system to always use the DHCP NIC for Internet no matter what 2nd card is doing.
Posted By: Clinton Re: dual network ? - 08/13/07 03:41 PM
Are you giving the 2nd card an IP in the same subnet as your DHCP range for the first card? Either that, or putting a default gateway on that second card would cause a problem for you.

If it's just an issue of overlapping subnets, just change your router to something like a 10.x.x.x range and you should be good to go.
Posted By: metelcom Re: dual network ? - 08/13/07 04:38 PM
Thanks Clinton that was the problem I had a default gateway on the 2nd card. This is sweet I can now have different systems in my shop and program them from my office computer. With the info I got from Aircom here I made up icons that changes the ip address of the 2nd card with just a mouse click. I was logged into 3 systems at once today
1 on internet at customers location
1 on my network and 1 on 2nd network
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help