atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ryanfri KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/29/04 08:16 AM
I have a DX-80 and a KeyVoice Small Office system that I purchased from a company that was going out of business. I am having problems getting into the voicemail system throught the serial port because I do not have the password.

Does anyone know how to reset the serial password or just default the whole system?
Posted By: Z-man Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/29/04 09:02 AM
When it first boots and comes to the "1" for voice mail... select the setup option. Change the setup parameters and the password will be defaulted.
Posted By: ryanfri Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/29/04 02:26 PM
I do not see the menu that you are refering to. What I do see is when it boots up it just initializes all of the boxes and then goes straight to a menu that only allows you to select F1=help, F2=Display, F5/F6=Next, F7=Call-Counts, F10=Database, ESC=Exit.

Is there a key to press on boot-up to get to where you are talking about?
Posted By: ryanfri Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/29/04 02:29 PM
I see a main menu pop up but it disappears before I can do anything.
Posted By: capitol Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/29/04 06:09 PM
Have you tried the default password?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/29/04 06:14 PM
just hit F10
when it asks for a password hit enter
you can do most everything without a password. If you need the default password to do something email me direct and I will give it to you. One thing you need the password for is to set the hours of day night operation. Other then that your already in.
Make sure when you back out you DO NOT select "end program," instead choose "display line status". When you "end program," you shut off the VM system.
mark
Posted By: ryanfri Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/29/04 09:37 PM
When I just hit enter after selecting F10, it beeps at me and goes no where. I have tried the default of 1234 but it did not work either. Could there be something wrong with the system?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/30/04 06:52 AM
not likely that anything is wrong. When you hit F-10, does it put a line up asking you to enter your password? or does it just beep when you hit F10?
sometimes you have to hit F10 twice then hit enter.
I'm not sure how to get back to set-up at boot up. Last resort would be to pull the power from the system and remove the battery from the VM board, then put it back in and boot it up, it should boot to default.
I have a system here and a little time, I'll see if I can figure something out for you. Stand by.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/30/04 07:14 AM
here's what I learned.
If the customer database access password is changed from no password to some digits for a password, the system behaves exactly as you describe. Unfortunatly I don't know how to get you to a screen where you can reset it. I'm not even certain that defaulting it would set it back to none, but if nobody in here knows how to do it, that will be your next best shot.
mark
Posted By: ryanfri Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/30/04 07:27 AM
I tried reseting the system by removing the battery, but it did not work. I let it sit out for about an hour with still no change.

Is there a way to flash the whole voicemail system with the 8.5 software again to wipe it out?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/30/04 07:43 AM
I'm sure there is but don't panic yet. Try connecting with keylink then shut the system down and start it up, when the VM boots thier might be a screen for 15 seconds that offers 4 options, 1 to start VM (which it does if you do nothing for 15 secs. and one of the choices should be set-up. I've not tried this on the in skin VM with Keylink but it's true on other flavors of Key Voice (Comdial) VM systems.
mark
Posted By: ryanfri Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/30/04 10:10 AM
Where can I download Keylink?
Posted By: Z-man Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/30/04 01:09 PM
when you first fire up the mail, it will come up with a screen that says 1 to run voice mail...2 for setup/upgrade...3 to exit to DOS. I may have the last two backwards, but the menu is self explanatory. when you run the setup again and change the parameters, it will reset the password.
Posted By: ryanfri Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/30/04 01:21 PM
zman,

the problem is that the menu does not stay up long enough to make a selection. As a matter of fact, it does not stay up long enough to even see the options.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/30/04 04:10 PM
I can email keylink to you if you need it.
check your email, I will send it when you respond.
mark
Posted By: ryanfri Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/31/04 07:33 AM
I have 3.1 now. I had 2.5 and thought maybe it was just my older version that was causing my issues.

How do I just flatten and start from new?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/31/04 08:58 AM
I can't find anything on the Comdial Dealer site with information on how to format and re-load a flash based VM. Without the password you might not even be able to do it.
If no one on the board can help you I'll call Tech Support and see what I can find out.
mark
Posted By: capitol Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/31/04 02:35 PM
I think contacting comdial tech support is the best thing to do with this situation.
Mark, when you find out, please post.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 05/31/04 03:17 PM
I emailed tech support today, it usually takes a few days to get a response. Sooner or later we'll all have to know how to do this. I think comdial will either tell us to buy a new flash card or want to charge to dial in and reset the password, we'll see.
mark
Posted By: Mark K. Re: KeyVoice and DX-80 Password lockout - 06/08/04 07:07 PM
I've not recieved any email back from Comdial on this (big surprize) if it hasn't been resolved a phone call to tech support will be necessary. Let me know, I might have time to sit on hold for a few hours on Friday.
mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help