atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chazrc Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 09:51 AM
I have an Interchange 12.0 that 5 out of 8 vmail ports say "trouble". This is a new install(9 months) with PRI. You can reset and the ports are idle, but I noticed today the ports are saying trouble again.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 06:01 PM
What type of boards are they?

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA
Posted By: chazrc Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 06:05 PM
Rhetorex Digital
Posted By: chazrc Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 06:06 PM
5 Years.Check your mail.

Thanks,

Chaz
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 06:14 PM
I got your email. I see that they are Brooktrout (Rhetorex) boards. Are they digital integration (IVPC), or analog? I'm only asking all of this because I went thru a number of machines on FXII that Comdial had made a "workplan" for, because of a number of issues. The workplan included upgrading the 11.x service pack, installing newer .dll files for the Brooktrout boards, upgrading the FXII to 195.02 (minimum), and doing a number of other things. I know you are working with 12.0, but I wonder if any of this applies.

My other question would be whether you have tried replacing the VM port with a phone, and waiting to see if it too hasd trouble. Maybe it's not even the VM system.

------------------

Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 06:17 PM
I just saw the other email. I had only noticed the one with the Brooktrout folder. I just saw the one showing Voicemail Viewer and the "Trouble" indication. That's strange, for sure! I don't believe I've ever seen "Trouble" show up before in VM Viewer. Maybe BigDog or someone else will be able to help out some here. Other than what I mentioned previously, I'm not sure. That's sure a new one on me.

------------------

Posted By: chazrc Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 06:19 PM
They are digital ports on the FX. I have a tech going to look at it tommorow and I told him to call Comdial when he gets onsite, so we will see. I have seen this before. I think ours was a bad LDS board.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 06:40 PM
Cool. Thanks.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/02/05 07:20 PM
I've reported this several times and I'm told that I am the only one seeing this. LOL. The good thing is it isn't service effective as the ports still work showing trouble. A system reset clears the trouble flag.

------------------
[Linked Image from commserveinc.com]

Business Phone Systems
Posted By: chazrc Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/03/05 03:07 AM
Seems as if they are bypassed when in this mode. The call counters show no activity on the ports
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/03/05 01:52 PM
Try rerunning first time set up again. this has solve a couple of weird issues on that version for me.

------------------
BIGDOG3c
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM
Posted By: chazrc Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/03/05 07:28 PM
I will give that a try. Thanks,
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/16/05 11:29 AM
New Interchange 12.0 4-port IVPC on a MP5000. I have ports 3 and 4 saying "Trouble" in Voicemail Viewer. Chazrc, did re-running first-time setup clear this up for you? Has tech support been of any help on this issue?

------------------

Posted By: chazrc Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/16/05 11:36 AM
I reset the PBX and it for now it has not come back. I have seen this before or other sites. I believe we changed out a LDS board on one site
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/16/05 04:33 PM
I called Comdial Tech Support on this issue. I was told that the "Trouble" indicator comes up any time it loses communication with the digital port. In my case it happened when the phone system reset. That would certainly cause the IVPC board to lose communication with the digital station board. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------

Posted By: chazrc Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/16/05 04:59 PM
Makes sense. But why so many sites? Did they say what makes it lose connection to the digital ports.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/17/05 08:56 AM
Not really. I got the impression that it showed "Trouble" consistent with the number of times you get "IVPC lost connection..." in the error.log file. Maybe I'm wrong, but that kinda makes sense. My question is whether it also is showing "Trouble" at other times too, and is it happening at times when the phone system is up and running?

------------------

Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/17/05 03:20 PM
Well, I wish I new something on this one. We do not have to mny that are running IVPC. mostly d41h or rhetorex analog/brooktrout analog.

------------------
BIGDOG3c

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/23/05 11:38 PM
Any particular reason? Our sales guys usually order with IVPC, when going on a Comdial system, so they don't have to take up an extra slot for an analog station card.

------------------

Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/27/05 05:50 AM
We put remotes on all of our equipment. We use the extra ist ports for modems. This also helps the customer if they every go to a fax server. No need to purchase an IST card then.

You will be surprised that most customers are willing to pay a remote charge to make a quick change rather then learning how to do it.

------------------
BIGDOG3c

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Interchange 12.0 & FX-II - 08/28/05 11:20 PM
I'm guessing that your trouble rate is less than those of us servicing the W2K systems that use IVPC. It seems that most of the troublesome ones I've run across have had the IVPC boards.

------------------

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help