atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man Voice mail options - 11/04/08 07:35 AM
I have a customer on a Difinity using Audix mail. The also have a Keyvoice installed. The reason they use this Keyvoice is to run their one tech support extension because the Keyvoice will do Cascading messaging. So if the first guy doesn't answer, it notifies the next, and so on.

Keyvoice seems to be the only voice mail with this feature. Now they want to upgrade to a windows based unit as the one they have been using is DOS and the pc is rather old. My understanding is the Comdial/Vertical is not making these units anymore? Is this true? Can anyone think of any other options? It is simple analog intergration on the Definity.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Voice mail options - 11/04/08 07:39 AM
Vertical makes the Interchange voice mail, which is the Windows based OS that does what the old DOS keyvoice systems did. It is not the cheapest system out there, but it is very solid and can do almost anything that a customer would want (in reason). I am not 100% on the integration with Avaya though, but I have them on Siemens and Tadiran systems (and of course Vertical FXII systems).

Steve
Posted By: Z-man Re: Voice mail options - 11/04/08 04:44 PM
are these new units?
Posted By: Dlr920 Re: Voice mail options - 11/04/08 05:43 PM
Yes they are new. The are currently running with XP Pro. I have an Interchange box running on a Definity using a Calista box providing the complete voicemail services including unified messaging.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Voice mail options - 11/05/08 04:38 AM
Yes, they are new and the current man. version of the old Keyvoice (since Comdial bought Keyvoice and Vertical bought Comdial). The come in the following verions:
Lite: 4,6, or 8 ports and 100 stations (tower PC)
Enterprise: 4 to 28 ports and 225 stations (Rack or Tower PC)
Large scale chassis: up to 44 ports and aprox. 500 stations.
They can be ordered with options like call center (up to 40 agents), outbound telemarketing, and UM.

Steve
Posted By: Z-man Re: Voice mail options - 11/05/08 06:12 AM
Where is the best place to get a price on these? I would need a 4 port Lite, since they use only one mailbox literally. They may elect to go with a rack pc..I will check.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Voice mail options - 11/05/08 06:39 AM
I believe that you have to be a Vertical dealer to sell the Interchange product....but I could be wrong.

Steve
Posted By: Z-man Re: Voice mail options - 11/05/08 02:57 PM
any Vertical dealers out there willing to help?
Posted By: Bellhanger Re: Voice mail options - 11/08/08 06:14 AM
Z-Man:

Another option would be the Panasonic TVA-50 unit. It is the only one that Panasonic still makes that is analog integrated. Each box has 3 notification settings, and you can set timers to "move" the message from one box to the next, which will start the message notification process all over again for each box. Operating system is Linux, and can be purchased without being a dealer. Good Luck.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Voice mail options - 11/08/08 10:14 AM
They want a rack mounted unit. And they have had the Keyvoice for a while. So if there are any Vertical dealers that want to sell me a rack mounted unit, please contact me.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Voice mail options - 11/09/08 05:11 PM
The DuVoice DV4/DV2000 is also Windows-based, has cascading notification and integrates with Definity. I know that Jon Dulude has built rack-mount units for customers that have requested them.

I strongly suggest giving this product your consideration as well.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Voice mail options - 11/10/08 07:39 AM
Dag...Is this Windows 2000 or Windows XP?
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Voice mail options - 11/13/08 06:24 PM
Windows XP Professional.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help