atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cTopher DHS - Dispatch - 01/29/10 04:11 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I've having issues with my Dispatch and the auto attendant.

My business hours are:
Tues-Sat 9:30-6:00
Sun 4:00-5:30
Monday 11:30-4:00

In the hours that I'm open, I'd like the auto attendant not to pick up, and to ring to my reception (ext 10), and when we are not open to have menus run.

I've setup the time control with these hours, however the auto attendant picks up all hours of the day, no matter whats in the time control settings.

Hopefully someone can take the dumb out of me.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: DHS - Dispatch - 01/29/10 04:16 PM
You aren't being dumb. You are just making setting changes in the wrong place. The DHS phone system's programming dictates when the auto attendant answers. Programming in the Dispatch only determines how these calls are answered.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 01/30/10 09:04 AM
I was looking in the wrong place!

Thank you for clearing that up!
I might end up with a few more quesions, so Im just going to keep this open.

Thanks again!

- Christopher
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 01/30/10 05:37 PM
Ok, so now I have the auto attendant answering from 7:30am-6:00pm, all days of the week.

What I now want to is configure the system to run menus differently on Sundays and Mondays.

I own a pet grooming/boarding facliity.
I have an extenision at my house, and would like my customers to be able to contact me when we are not open if they have an emergency outside of the business hours.

However, I am not sure how to configure the system to run a menu vs. an extension on a different day of the week.

Is this possible?

Again, thank you for the help in advance.
Posted By: vad60 Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/01/10 04:51 AM
Now you have to set up a schedule for Sunday and Monday in the AA not in the system. Sunday and Monday has to play closed hours Greeting around the clock with an option for Emergency call.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/01/10 07:59 AM
Now I really have an issue!

When I hit the soft button (F64) from an extension the, the dispatch, picks up, plays nothing at all, and hangs up!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/01/10 10:06 AM
It sounds like you might have messed something up in the time control settings for the voice mail. More than likely, you have some time period that has not been accounted for. Make sure that you verify that all times in items 1-4 are correct, and don't forget that there is another tab to get to items 5-8. Item 5 needs to have a non-conflicting time setting there too.

To confirm that this is your problem, change all voice lines to "menu 100", then reboot the system. If it answers correctly after that, then you'll know that your time control is messed up. Change the voice lines back to the appropriate time control, reboot the system and then fix the time conflicts that exist.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/02/10 05:57 AM
You were right on the money Ed. Thank you!

All is up and working well. Hooray!

Thanks again for the help.

- Chris
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/02/10 06:52 AM
Ok, I know I said I was all set, but not quite.

One more little question. How do I set a station to forward straight to voicemail?

With the Minivoice I had, it asked that I setup it up with the VM Group 8. However, with the Dispatch, they ask that you use VM Group 1. So when I setup the forward soft button, I would use (F2289) w/ the Minivoice, and when I change it to (F2219), it forwards to ext 19.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/02/10 08:42 AM
Solved this one myself, woot!
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/03/10 09:50 AM
Another Dispatch question. Would anymore know any reasons for the MWI to not work correctly. The Dispatch is setup with my DHS, and when looking in the regitry I see the entires for the #96 and #*96, however, anytime a user has a voicemail, the VM button does not light up!

Urgh!
Posted By: oobie Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/03/10 11:09 AM
How many ports is the Dispatch? there is a particulat port that lights the lights it is usually 2 or 4 depending on how many ports you have.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/03/10 03:34 PM
I have 4, however, Im only using 1 & 2 at the moment. Such I switch to using 3 & 4 and see if it works?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/03/10 04:15 PM
Originally posted by cTopher:
Such I switch to using 3 & 4 and see if it works?
Yes.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/04/10 04:21 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone. I really appreciate it! I'll let you know if the MWI works after switching ports.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/05/10 02:25 PM
MWI's now work, thanks for the help everyone!
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/06/10 03:21 PM
Another question (and if Im supposed to open a new thread, please someone let me know)

Is there a way to program a flex button for Call Forward Busy/No Answer on a station?

I know with my Minivoice I could, but with the Dispatch, I can't seem to figure out a way to do it.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/11/10 02:46 PM
I'm very confused on how to do the following.

I'd like all my stations to forward to VM on a busy/no answer when my receptionist transfers a call.
Is this possible with a DHS & Dispatch combo?
Posted By: MnDave Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/12/10 07:33 AM
Said the Dispatch to the Minivoice: "Anything you can do, I can do better".
but it is the DHs that forwards, the VM is just the recipent. Don't waste a button. Press [Feat] + [2] and read the display and select "Next" for bsy/na.
Or use these keystrokes: Press [Feat] + 2 + 5 + 64 + X.
X= 0,1,2,3,4 where 0-4=10-50 sec.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/16/10 10:49 AM
Thanks for the help Dave!

Another question, how do I make it so the station that's forwarding the call to voicemail, go to the voicemail box of that station?
Posted By: MnDave Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/16/10 02:36 PM
It should be automatic if the Leave and Retrieve tables are set correctly and if the voice mail station ports are flagged as "voice mail". What happens when you go to retrieve a voice mail? Do you get the password prompt or do you have to manually navigate around?
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/16/10 02:56 PM
When it forwards, it goes into whatever I have setup under Time Control. Time control is setup to run a mailbox, and it asks to enter the mailbox #.

BTW

If I use [Feat] + 2 + 5 + 64 + X.

When the caller is forwarded using "64", it just rings and rings and rings.

So I replaced the 64 with, 82, which is used for VM Group 1 on my DHS.

I think Im doing this right, I just dont know why its not working!
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/16/10 03:35 PM
Oh, and when I use feat64, I get no greeting, or password prompt, it just beeps. I hit * and type in the default password, and find myself in a mailbox, which one Im not sure, but its not the stations mailbox.
Posted By: MnDave Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/16/10 11:29 PM
I'm getting the feeling that whoever initially set up your system wasn't properly trained on it. The issues you are now dealing with are technicial programming issues and beyond the information listed in the end user guide. The DHS has to have it's leave and retrieve tables properly programmed and it's VM ports flagged correctly. The Dispatch also needs to have the registry settings correct for the DHS system. Then you need to be certain any customized settings for your application are set correctly. You will be better served by calling in a trained Vodavi tech on this one.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/19/10 03:23 PM
Thanks again!

Too bad for me the guy who set it up is MIA!
I've thankfully been able to teach myself a lot about the setup on my own.

Ill work on it more, and hopefully get it up and running.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/22/10 11:22 AM
**Update**

I've found out that after the station fowards calls on a busy/answer to the VM group (ext 82), its forwarding to mailbox 71, which one of members of my VM Group.

Clueless!
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/22/10 01:08 PM
Another **Update**

Station 10 (Operator)

Forwards to its own mailbox on busy/no answer, just fine. However, all other stations forward to mailbox 71. All stations are setup the same as station 10.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/23/10 03:36 PM
So in the end, on a whimb I took the P7 out of both the icm and xfr prefix fields and everything works as it should. Leaving just a * in icm suffix and #9999999 in the dis dgt field. All stations forward to the correct mailbox on a busy/no answer the way they should.
Posted By: MnDave Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/23/10 06:24 PM
Making it work by removing P7 indicates that your original programmer changed the Dispatch menu setting away from default for some reason.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 02/24/10 06:24 AM
He certainly was a piece of work. I've been doing all the programming myself! Finally, everything is working the way I want it to!

No longer banging my head against the wall. :-)
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS - Dispatch - 03/02/10 06:54 AM
Removing the P7 screws up any use of the auto attendant. So in the end I can either have the VM working the way I want, or the auto attendant working properly!

I wish I could just default everything on this dispatch!
Posted By: MnDave Re: DHS - Dispatch - 03/02/10 01:41 PM
Chris, Your thread began in January. I think it is time for you to ask for more direct help. Go ahead and hire whichever member has given you the most help and let them earn a little livelihood. Otherwise, at the rate you are going, your barber won't have much hair to work with and that flat spot on your forehead needs some TLC.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help