atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: michael reid Macrovoice MVX RDSP Board Change - 06/08/12 09:07 AM
I've had to change the board on a macrovoice MVX voicemail, can I change the serial number in the system? if so, where?

THanks!
Posted By: johnp Re: Macrovoice MVX RDSP Board Change - 06/08/12 09:18 AM
I think you need a MVX board. I believe the dongle looks for specific board info.
Posted By: michael reid Re: Macrovoice MVX RDSP Board Change - 06/08/12 09:20 AM
I changed for the same model of board, it just has a different serial number. which is causing MVXERROR bad board /serial/activation
Posted By: johnp Re: Macrovoice MVX RDSP Board Change - 06/08/12 09:27 AM
Are you saying that the replacement board came from Macrovoice? Or that it is a Rhetorex 432?
Posted By: michael reid Re: Macrovoice MVX RDSP Board Change - 06/08/12 09:38 AM
The original board was a 4 port - rhetorex rdsp, xt version a1, and the replacement board is a match except that is a 2 port, and has a different serial number on the main chip.

on the note of the serial number can I pull the chip and swap them?
Posted By: johnp Re: Macrovoice MVX RDSP Board Change - 06/08/12 09:52 AM
I don't know if that would work.
Posted By: michael reid Re: Macrovoice MVX RDSP Board Change - 06/08/12 10:09 AM
the whole reason this started, is from one day to the next, it stopped detecting and answering incoming calls.

however helpibsl.exe will detect the ring and connect.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Macrovoice MVX RDSP Board Change - 09/19/12 03:18 PM
under the setup menu, (from the startup menu screen) there is an option for the activation code. I forget the Navigation to get to it, but once you are there it shoould be quite obvious.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help