atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Nick52 Advice - 12/16/04 01:17 PM
Hello,
I am new into networking. I have been learning by on the job experience. Just learning things as I go, you know push buttons until it works then remember what you did to make it work. Is there any books to learn the basics of networking. So when I talk to people that work with computers or when somebody asks me a question I can tell them exactly what to do instead of have them click here and there to try to find what I am looking for so I can explain to them how to fix the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: OffTheDeepEnd.com Re: Advice - 12/17/04 06:50 AM
Depending on what experience you have already, I would recommend the networking for dummies book... Even though there is a lot of resources out there, that gives you the best general knowledge that I have found so far. If you want to step in to the advanced TCP/IP understanding, then I would recommend taking a few classes. Networking can be easy with all of windows Plug and Play features but when there is a problem or if you need a special configuration, then you really need experience and training to handle that situation.

-Austin
Posted By: BesTechIT Re: Advice - 03/08/05 08:47 PM
Networking Essentials Latest Revision is a great start. It is in the Microsoft Curriculum and tell you everything you need to know on a fundamental level about networking. Have Fun with the OSI Model!

------------------
BesTech IT Solutions
url=https://www.bestechit.com]BesTech.com[/url]
Cisco, Watchguard, Microsoft and Novell Servers
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Advice - 03/09/05 03:50 PM
Hey Best, Where did you get your Masters? and what other certs do you have?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Advice - 03/09/05 04:00 PM
Hey BesTechIT
Where is the rest of your web page.
I might want to use you.
Posted By: BesTechIT Re: Advice - 03/09/05 06:50 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markk:
Hey Best, Where did you get your Masters? and what other certs do you have?</font>

Masters? Damn I never finished 6th grade. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] No seriously, I've been doing this a while. I have Cisco, CCNP Microsoft MCSE 4 and 2k , Citrix, A+, and Network+ But I'm having a hard time with turning on my computer. Any help?

------------------
BesTech IT Solutions
BesTechIT.com
Cisco, Watchguard, Microsoft and Novell Servers
Posted By: Punch Down Re: Advice - 03/09/05 08:55 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BesTechIT:
Masters? Damn I never finished 6th grade. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] No seriously, I've been doing this a while. I have Cisco, CCNP Microsoft MCSE 4 and 2k , Citrix, A+, and Network+ But I'm having a hard time with turning on my computer. Any help?

</font>

Did ya pay your electric bill and verified you have juice to the outlet Newton and that the black cord is plugged in correctly?? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: jwooten Re: Advice - 03/10/05 05:07 AM
He's taking a basic electricity course now,, chapter 2 of 12. It'll be awhile before he certs in that!!
Posted By: Punch Down Re: Advice - 03/10/05 10:18 PM
How can he be doing his studying? He doesn't have any lights unless he's using candle power !
Posted By: wanebo Re: Advice - 04/01/05 07:02 AM
He's using that little known to installers device known as daylight.

We never see it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help