atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bikechuck annoying ping sound - 05/07/04 02:01 PM
My customer is complaining about an annoying ping sound ( sounds like a submarine sonar) that typically happens at the end of an all page. I've heard it, but haven't been able to duplicate. Could be a notification or call processing tone of some kind. Would like to be able to disable it or at least identify the cause so they could refrain from annoying the boss. DX-80, thanks
Posted By: capitol Re: annoying ping sound - 05/07/04 06:56 PM
I've never noticed anything like that before. Maybe its feedback from the speakers.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: annoying ping sound - 05/08/04 12:27 PM
I never heard of that before and I can't make it happen here in the shop. Is there a external page connected to the system? You can hear the sound of the hookswitch when you replace the reciever after an all call, that's all I noticed.
mark
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: annoying ping sound - 05/10/04 07:44 AM
Is this an all page phones only or also overhead external paging?

Does the ping sound come over the speakers of the phones or just he overhead speakers?
Posted By: bikechuck Re: annoying ping sound - 05/10/04 05:34 PM
No external paging system, All Page only. I will test slamming handset after All Page this week. About 15 phone in a Warehouse. Thanks.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: annoying ping sound - 05/10/04 06:37 PM
15 phones in a warehouse, this has got to be feedback on the hang-up at one or more telephones near another phone. When the transmitter of the handset making the page is pointed toward another phone, the feedback will occur.
mark
Posted By: bikechuck Re: annoying ping sound - 05/19/04 10:35 AM
I went out yesterday and disabled paging on about half of the 15 phones, Couldn't duplicate the problem. Most of the other employees claimed the boss is losing her mind and not to worry about the problem. Thanks
Posted By: bikechuck Re: annoying ping sound - 07/15/04 08:51 AM
finally fixed the problem, bad cpu board. It was also causing a delay in audio when answering phones. Tech support was helpful.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: annoying ping sound - 07/15/04 11:54 AM
Hey I get that delay in audio when answering one of my office phones, it's intermittant, and I've been ignoring it. So I could have a bad cpu here, interesting. Thanks for the follow up.
mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help