atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bikechuck line auto select on analog ports - 05/21/04 02:20 PM
Just put a DX-80 in and was unable to change auto-select on the analog ports. I was using a butt-set and kept getting fast busys (sp) instead of confirm tone. So I'm stuck w/intercom dial tone on the credit card machines.I know they can reprogram the POS equipment but the customer wants outside dial tone. Last system I put in the analog ports changed easily using directions out of analog-sta users guide. #951 9 I believe.
I think the 4th port on the card went high and dry after trying to change the feature . Now that I think about it I might have a bad analog board cuz the 4th port was kind of noisy and crackly. Thanks people
Posted By: Mark K. Re: line auto select on analog ports - 05/21/04 04:22 PM
I've not seen this trouble, but I wouldn't use that feature on card swipes at a business that keeps the kind of hours that bars and restaurants and stores keep. They tend to call whenever anything has a hic-cup even if its 10:30 PM on a holiday weekend. I just did a golf course with 3 restaurants and a pro shop and 4 card swipes, I made them all dial 9. When the card swipe craps, it's their problem, when the analog port loses it's programing, it's my problem. Tell them they have to use the dial 9, you'll be better off long term and they won't even remember it in the morning.
my 2 cents.
mark
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: line auto select on analog ports - 05/23/04 08:13 PM
Mark makes a good point, but ifyour customer wants C.O. dialtone on the IST ports you need to dial #951743 from your butt set on each port you want to change. We have put in sveral DX-80's for one customer without a problem.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help