atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pvpjohn small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 06:40 AM
It seems our ivpc 2 port board is dead. Does anyone know where we can purchase a new or refurbed one? Thanks!
Posted By: dtmf Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 06:57 AM
You can try. https://www.kingtechnologies.com/key_voice.html
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 07:05 AM
Thats unusual. I have not seen those cards go bad.

If you are sure its the card.
Posted By: pvpjohn Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 07:44 AM
I thought it was strange too, since the system is less than 2 years old. The company that installed it didn't even come to the office, we just explained the symptoms and they said we needed a new ivpc board at $400.00 plus $135 to install.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 08:30 AM
What are the symptoms?
Posted By: pvpjohn Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 08:37 AM
The voicemail just stopped working. We re-booted and after selecting "Voice-mail" set-up, it goes to demo mode. The phone company that installed said we should see the "ports" listed, which we do not.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 10:37 AM
Make sure your key is still plugged in the back of the PC. It looks like a rs232 type connector with no cable coming out of it.
mark
Posted By: pvpjohn Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 11:44 AM
O.K. Checked all the connections and everything looks good. When we booted up, the screen reads "driver not found", then it gives the set-up choice of "Voicemail" "dos" etc. and starts demo mode. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/22/04 12:51 PM
It is the "key" that allows the voicemail software to be fully operational. If the key is not in place the system will only boot to demo. If the key is properly in place and it still will only boot to demo, it very well may be the IVPC board. And your vendors price does not seem to be out of line.
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited June 22, 2004).]
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/23/04 09:13 AM
yes Markk is correct.

If it comes up into demo mode check the dongle (software key) on the unit. usually black unit plugged into the printer port of the voicemail. make sure it is plugged in.
Posted By: pvpjohn Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/23/04 09:30 AM
The key is definitely plugged in. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/23/04 09:43 AM
If you want to be conservative you might try re-loading the software, maybe a driver file is damaged. The next logical move would be to replace the ivpc board in my opinion. What do you think bigdog?
mark
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/23/04 10:33 AM
You the man Mark!!

I would try and reload before spending the money.

I would copy the whole vm directory to a temp. directory and reload.

I would also save a copy of the autoexec.bat and the config.sys off the root. just to be safe.

or to be real safe load another drive with dos 6.22 and then install the software. If you have the same issue on boot up I would look towards hardware.

voice board or maybe the system just is not seeing the key. maybe a parallel port issue.

If you have an old machine laying around, move the hard drive, key and voice card to it. see if it boots good then.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/23/04 05:39 PM
All the info from Markk and Bigdog is right on the money but I will put my two cents in anyway [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]. If the dongle is good (and they do go bad but not often) you will see the number of ports on the screen. Not finding the drivers can be a corrupted file or IRQ conflict. Any changes lately, such as a modem addition? A software reload may be your best bet, when saving files be sure to save the trans.txt file as well.
Posted By: indiman Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/28/04 10:35 AM
Is there any way to confirm that the key is working. It seems there should another way to detect that. On on my client system if the key is removed then error message appears when impact conceirge system is ran, indicating that the security key is missing, but when re-installed the the error does not appear but key voice mail system goes into demo mode. any susgestions? I have moved the ivpc board around but no positive results.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/28/04 12:19 PM
you can check the hard drive and see if they have keymod.exe on it.

Its been awhile but I think it will read the key.

It may be in the C:\vm directory.
Posted By: indiman Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/28/04 02:10 PM
I did check but there was not a keymod.exe file on the entire system. The system they have it running on is analog dialogic board. Any futher info. would be helpful.

Is there such a thing as a dual key dongle. Because it seems to work for the conceirge software but not for the keyvoice.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: small office lite ivpc board - 06/29/04 08:55 PM
Do you have a concierge system with a seperate PC for voicemail or is this one that has concierge and voicemail in one PC.
Also the concierge system did not use ivpc boards in the voicemail. Was the voicemail added later?
Posted By: indiman Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/01/04 12:24 PM
One PC with a dial-logic board for the keyvoice system, under the windows 95 platform. Keyvoice in dos shell mode and conceirge in windows base.
Posted By: indiman Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/01/04 12:25 PM
sorry, forgot, the voice mail and the concierge system was done at the same time. The voice mail system stopped working after 4 years in use.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/01/04 05:41 PM
We should get this all under one thread.
Most of the sites with one PC have been upgraded to two PC's by Comdial in 1999 and 2000. I have seen this problem when the pc was an HP vectra and the harddrive was divided into C,D, and E drives. Why yours is taking this long to act up I don't know. Do you have two dongel's on the parallel port or one dongel only.
Posted By: indiman Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/06/04 12:37 PM
Just one dongle on the parallel port. The installation was done in august 1999. It only has one computer with TWO hard drive but only one hard drive has all the software hard drive 1 has windows 95.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/06/04 05:27 PM
Well just for your info, good old Cometdial has dropped the Concierge system this past month.

It looks like your concierge system was made up from a dealer. The Concierge systems shipped from Comdial since late 1999 were always 2 seperate PC's as they had way too many problems with trying to do it all with one.

If you can find a Comdial dealer in your area that will work with you, have them upgrade the Concierge software to 4B(It is the last revision Comdial made) and have the Voice mail (Dialogic/Rhetorex voice boards and the Keyvoice software) put in another PC.

The biggest problem you are going to have is getting a new hardware key for the Voice mail PC (Maybe the dealer can plead with Comdial and get you a key, but I would bet it wont be for free).

You can run the 4B Concierge software on a newer Win 2K machine, but hopefully you can find a motherboard that has an ISA slot on it to handle the Digi ISA serial board.

If you use a Newer PC that has only PCI slots you can replace the DIGI board with a PCI Digi board, but again costs are involved.

DJ
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/06/04 06:22 PM
I will be easier to get a concierge key and leave the present key on the voicemail PC.
We have one site still running on one PC and using 4b software. You can use 4b on your present system. We can also handle the upgrades. I still question the ivpc board on the concierge system. I think a dealer may have done that to get a few more IST ports for room phones. It would be better to put 8101 Comdial phones in the rooms using digital ports. E-mail me if you want us to upgrade your site.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/06/04 07:53 PM
CMDL_GUY,

Indiman has an analog dialogic card. He has joined this thread midstream.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/07/04 09:41 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bigkayeh:
CMDL_GUY,

Indiman has an analog dialogic card. He has joined this thread midstream.
</font>

Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it
Posted By: indiman Re: small office lite ivpc board - 07/07/04 09:57 AM
Currently the system has a impact concierge software version of 4B, with on dongle. If removed concierge system gives an error message stating "security key missing". With the dongle the keyvoice system goes into demo mode.

Question, this system was working with one dongle before with me splitting it I would have to purchase a new dongle for the key voice system to be placed on a new computer. Was there such a thing that one dongle handled both impact concierge and key voice system. Because the previous vendor DataVox in houston, tx indicated the dongle was bad. If so then why does the same dongle work for concierge system.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help