atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi everyone,

I got DSU II system with Comdial impact LCD phone. When someone call in and system pick it up, after a greeting, ask caller to press ext#, then the call transferred to that ext#. However, the caller cannot hear ring sound when system transfer to ext. In fact, that ext# phone do ring from outside, but caller not. Please help to figure out what is going on.
Thanks.

Leo
Have your Telephone system tech set the voicemail transfer type for that extension to Blind Transfer.
Mark
Hi , I think on the DSU even if you do blind transfer the outside caller will not hear ring they will hear whatever you have on hold. The FXII/DXP are different but if my memory is right DSUII will just do hold music.

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
Long Island, NY
If you set the transfer in Voicemail to blind tranfer the caller will hear the keyset ring when release by voicemail. We assume that the voicemail is a KEY VOICE model.
Jim, you made me check it here. Yes, you do get ringback tone from the DX80, I have it set to blind transfer and you get about 3 seconds of MOH then ringback tone until it is answered or VM picks up. Also making the same assumptions as FTorres.
Mark
You get ringback on DX80 and the late revs of DSUII but earlier did not. Had to have MOH to compensate for silence during transfer. DSUI did not.
oops. This is a DSU11 not a DX80, oh well.... RBF got it covered.
Hi,

Thanks for you all. I really do not know the status before I got this system. How do I change the setting to hear ring sound? Thanks.

Leo
You don't. That will require technician level programming. Contact your vendor. It would be to complicated to talk you through it on this forum. Someone with a thorouh understanding of the telephone and voicemail system database will be required.
Mark
Try just hooking up a music source to the music input on the side of the cabinet. Then at least they should be hearing something, rather than just silence. That could maybe at least get you by until you can have a qualified technician look at it, as suggested.
Thanks. I will try to hook up a music source so far.
Hi
I already set the mail box from "blind" to "wait for answer" type. However, it still do not work. Does everyone have another ideas? Thanks.

Leo
Leo,
Read through the posts above. The early DSUII does not provide ringback. Use your MOH or check on a software upgrade with your equipment provider.
Thanks. Sorry for not pay attention about that.
Anyone has some suggestion for MOH device?
What model fit the DSU II and need what kind of cable/connector? Where to buy and the price? Thanks again.

Leo
The connection into the DSU should be an RCA connection.

As for device, you could use anything from an AM/FM radio, cd player (mini boom boxes work much better than the personal "disc-man" cd players), or you could purchase an on-hold player that can play information on hold. I would start with something simple, so you can first see if it's going to work. The cable you need will be RCA male to whatever connection your music source takes.
Thanks a lot. That will help.

Leo
Hi,
I am looking at Bogen CR100A music source now. Does it fit into DSU II phone system? It state that it provides economical source of background music for a page sound system. Is it also for my phone system? Thanks.

Leo
The Bogen CR100A will work fine; though it's a pretty fancy tuner/player for just a simple MOH source. Just remember to adjust the volume on unit by calling into the system and then placing a call on hold and then listen through the phone. Each system manufacturer has slightly different impedance on the music input. You'll need an RCA cable with two male ends; this is the same kind of connector you see on the old three color A/V cables you find behind VCRs and the like. Good luck.
Thanks a lot. I am happy that I got what I need throuht your all hard work. smile

Leo
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help