atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ComdialJim DSUII and SCS Phones Hold Light - 08/05/06 06:33 PM
I have been having a problem with DSUII KSU's and SCS telephones. The hold button cokmes on and blinks. It is not message waiting because the scs phones have a message button. The only way to get it off is to reset the phone by holding the one key and plugging in the phone. I have notice this problem in the past but figured I would ask if anybody knows why and how to fix it. It happens across all DSUII installs I have done with SCS (8324) telephones. About 10-15 different locations/customers. Any ideas?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: DSUII and SCS Phones Hold Light - 08/05/06 07:38 PM
See this earlier thread:
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/000594.html#000000
Flashing hold buttons has been attributed to static electricity. I have several sites that I can recreate the symtom by scuffing my feet on the carpet and shocking the telephone set with a static discharge. I've never had to hold a button down when resetting the set though. I reset of the DSUII will clear it also.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: DSUII and SCS Phones Hold Light - 08/06/06 08:02 AM
Thanks guys for the input. It is just strange it only happens on the scs 8324 phones. I have over 300 installs with 8024 sets and no problems. With the scs phones the hold light does not function as the message light, these phones have a seperate message light. The light on the hold serves no function. I called comdial but no help. I was thinking maybe the rev of the dsuII software?
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: DSUII and SCS Phones Hold Light - 08/14/06 07:01 PM
bump
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help