atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 73agordon FXII adding card - 06/05/07 06:08 PM
I Have a customer with a FXII with 3 bays. It is a motel. All the single line cards are in bays 2 and 3. There are empty slots in the 1st bay. Can I add a 16 port single line card in one of the empty cards.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: FXII adding card - 06/05/07 06:31 PM
yes, just check the slot first with vmmi, to make sure it isn't already programmed with a different card than you want to install.
Posted By: 73agordon Re: FXII adding card - 06/05/07 06:37 PM
Thanks for the reply. Problem is I havent been able to find a copy of VMMI to be able to programing.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII adding card - 06/05/07 11:29 PM
Then you'll probably need to call in a certified Comdial dealer to help you. Dealers have access to the Comdial dealer site, where software such as VMMI can be downloaded.

I just checked your website, after writing that. If you're a current Vodavi dealer, perhaps Vertical can help you out with access to the Comdial CCC site.
Posted By: 73agordon Re: FXII adding card - 06/06/07 04:45 PM
Thanks for the info. was at the site today. found i could log into programing from a keyset using the *#---* default login. Is the "reset password" under config menu for this login of for the hyperterm login?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FXII adding card - 06/06/07 04:57 PM
Nope. You have to have the correct VMMI if you know the current pswd. If you don't an authorized dealer will have to go through tech support to get it reset.
Posted By: 73agordon Re: FXII adding card - 06/06/07 05:13 PM
What password does that reset, and how many versions of VMMI are there. I have found 2so far.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII adding card - 06/06/07 06:59 PM
If you connect thru Hyperterminal, when you get the banner/login screen, at the bottom you will see what version the system software is at. That's the version of VMMI that you need. There are about 11 feature set steps for VMMI, and probably 30-40 different versions.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: FXII adding card - 06/06/07 07:03 PM
There are several but the key is, you need to know the current password to get in and access it. If you knew the existing PW, I'm guessing there would be no need to re-set it. Your best bet is to follow Justin's advice and use your Vodavi contact to get with Comdial.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: FXII adding card - 06/06/07 08:35 PM
You said this is in a Motel. If you are using the Concierge package you are going to need to know what to do there as well. Just more reason to get a Comdial dealer.
Posted By: 73agordon Re: FXII adding card - 06/06/07 08:50 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FXII adding card - 06/06/07 09:33 PM
Good call Larry.

If it's a Concierge, you definitely need to know how to work on the FXII as well as the Concierge. Just messing with one can end up fowling up the other.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help