atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gus2523 Change name in directory - 08/17/07 11:11 AM
I need to change a name in our company directory. Is there a way to do that from a DX-80 handset? Thanks for your assistance.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Change name in directory - 08/17/07 11:45 AM
Go to the mailbox you need to have in the directory and in the main menu press options (3), then press 9 (this option is not voiced) that will activate the original tutorial. Close the box and then go back in, listen to the tutorial and skip your way through to where it asks you to enter the first 3 letters of the last name, do that then close the box. Go back in again and press * (star) to delete the tutorial when it begins.
Mark
Posted By: gus2523 Re: Change name in directory - 08/17/07 12:29 PM
Thanks for the help, but I'm still not quite getting there. The tutorial ends at changing the user password. I never get prompted for the first 3 letters of the last name.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Change name in directory - 08/17/07 06:05 PM
your right, that's what it does here too. I thought I remembered it being there, I'll get back to you after I try a few things then check the manual.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Change name in directory - 08/17/07 06:55 PM
If someone typed-in something (alpha) on-screen in the Last Name field, using a PC connected to the voicemail, it won't offer that option in the tutorial. If I'm going to type them in, I put them in numerically, so the prompt is still present in the tutorial, so future updates can be done simply by turning the tutorial back on, or by resetting the mailbox.

It can also be done via teleparameters, but it requires access to a Supervisor mailbox. The instruction sheets I give my customers usually details how to do it via teleparameters, in addition to how to reset a mailbox.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Change name in directory - 08/17/07 08:02 PM
good job Justin, I deleted and then added an exisiting box and it was there on the new box. That is probably his best alternitive.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help