atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Best Comm Noise on ComDial DXP Stations - 09/10/07 11:22 AM
The system took a lightning strike a couple of weeks ago that re-set programming to default and took out the maintenance port.
I replaced the DXCPU and was able then to get into the program mode and restore program from backup.
After doing this I found that several exts. had distorted transmission on handset and speakerphone. All of these exts. were on the same DXDST-16 card which is in UNV slot 6 of the expansion cabinet. I have verified that the problem is in the KSU and not the cabling. I have replaced the DXDST-16 card but that did not clear trouble. All of these are in a remote building that was closest to the lightning strike. I have replace surge protection on both ends of cable since I found a couple of bad protectors that had 2 stations totally dead.
I suspect one or both of the interface cards. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Noise on ComDial DXP Stations - 09/10/07 12:21 PM
I would suspect the DXSRV (services board), on first instinct, based on what you described.
Posted By: Dlr920 Re: Noise on ComDial DXP Stations - 09/10/07 05:19 PM
Have had same problem and chased it for weeks. If what Justin suggested doesn't work and you have a DXAUX board in the system remove it and check for noise.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Noise on ComDial DXP Stations - 09/10/07 06:09 PM
Hmm. Interesting thought, Dlr920.

I wonder if there's any chance of my recent, similar problem on an FXT being a bad MAUX board. I don't know I've run across a situation where the AUX board has also gone bad, along with the two others (CPU and SRV).

Justin
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help