atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: VA Tele-Tek DX 120 Day / Night Mode Question - 12/02/08 03:24 PM
I installed a system last week and returned today to program a Day Night Button on X101. After testing the button of course, it swithed to ALt, then Eve. I dialed in to check it and I recieved the Day greeting. The display clearly showed it as being in Night mode. I checked the time on the VM and the system. All OK. I also checked the line info for night and it was set a RB 801. The only way I could get the system into Night mode was to Dial into the VM and manually change it. After 5:00 pm it goes to night mode automatically and the night greeting is played.
Why is the system not letting me change the setting via the feature button. Again , it is programmed correctly and the display shows it in EVE , but I get the day greeting. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Look at your business hours schedule. If it says 8-5 M-F for box 800 that's what is going to play. The button only changes the ringing not the system time parameters.
ARE you using 24 hour format in business hours.
ex. 9:00 to 17:00??? also check phone system time
12 or 24 hr. format
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX 120 Day / Night Mode Question - 12/02/08 04:42 PM
Dave is correct, the 24 hr format has nothing to do with it. Telephone System day / night button will only affect ringing.
Posted By: VA Tele-Tek Re: DX 120 Day / Night Mode Question - 12/03/08 06:32 AM
Thanks guys for clearing that up.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: DX 120 Day / Night Mode Question - 12/03/08 09:48 AM
Years ago, all of the VM cards were defaulted....however, I think they have been messing up for about two/three years now. I have gotten at least 6 or 7 VM cards that the times for going to 800 or 801 were not set in a defaulted manner. Now, I always check those times, and other "defaulted" settings too. FYI.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help