atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jcbailey Transfer to external number - 12/16/08 01:11 PM
We have an FXII running 17F. For some reason, I can't seem to transfer calls to an external number (select line group 1, then transfer). I can conference calls fine, but when I try to complete the transfer, the call just holds on my station.

I think it's security related, but I don't see anything in the line or line group programming that catches my eye.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Transfer to external number - 12/16/08 01:17 PM
Look in your Class of service programming. It is off by default.
Posted By: jcbailey Re: Transfer to external number - 12/16/08 01:36 PM
I just closed VMMI as you replied... We do have line to line transfers enabled in the COS that the phones are in (all digital phones - no analog). We also have unsupervised enabled for the channels in that line group (it's a PRI).

We still have no luck. Is the cancel button a requirement (I see it in "Programming The Line-To-Line Transfer" in VMMI help).
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Transfer to external number - 12/16/08 02:04 PM
If you are using a PRI or T1 with DID service check that CFOS is allowed in the DID block. I find it easier just to button map a CFOS button on the set and hit enter on that key in VMMI. It will then let you put the CFOS type, number, and line group info.
Posted By: jcbailey Re: Transfer to external number - 12/16/08 02:10 PM
Err... Is that the right reply for this thread? Seems to be off in left field...
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Transfer to external number - 12/16/08 02:28 PM
That is two separate thoughts...should have spaced between them.
First sentence is necessary for CFOS to work. Last two sentences refer to VMMI programming rather than through a phone set.
Posted By: jcbailey Re: Transfer to external number - 12/16/08 03:05 PM
Ok... Now I get it. I am programming via VMMI at the moment. I don't see how CFOS would solve the issue either - wouldn't CFOS'd extensions be subject to the same problem with doing line to line transfers (what I'm trying to accomplish)?
Posted By: jcbailey Re: Transfer to external number - 12/18/08 04:41 PM
I did check and CFOS'd extensions don't work either. I asked our local Comdial guy, and he mentioned something about being told that line to line transfers would never work. It doesn't sound right to me for some reason.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Transfer to external number - 12/18/08 07:47 PM
PM sent.
Posted By: jcbailey Re: Transfer to external number - 12/19/08 10:22 AM
I'm posting this here for everyones benefit. After I responded to RBF, I figured out what it was...

I never mapped a CANCEL key to the phones. No matter what you do to convince it to work, you have to have a CANCEL key mapped to get line to line transfers to work..

I need a drink...

call
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help