web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#40180 12/16/08 09:11 AM
OP Offline
We have an FXII running 17F. For some reason, I can't seem to transfer calls to an external number (select line group 1, then transfer). I can conference calls fine, but when I try to complete the transfer, the call just holds on my station.

I think it's security related, but I don't see anything in the line or line group programming that catches my eye.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Look in your Class of service programming. It is off by default.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I just closed VMMI as you replied... We do have line to line transfers enabled in the COS that the phones are in (all digital phones - no analog). We also have unsupervised enabled for the channels in that line group (it's a PRI).

We still have no luck. Is the cancel button a requirement (I see it in "Programming The Line-To-Line Transfer" in VMMI help).

Admin
Admin
If you are using a PRI or T1 with DID service check that CFOS is allowed in the DID block. I find it easier just to button map a CFOS button on the set and hit enter on that key in VMMI. It will then let you put the CFOS type, number, and line group info.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Err... Is that the right reply for this thread? Seems to be off in left field...

Admin
Admin
That is two separate thoughts...should have spaced between them.
First sentence is necessary for CFOS to work. Last two sentences refer to VMMI programming rather than through a phone set.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Ok... Now I get it. I am programming via VMMI at the moment. I don't see how CFOS would solve the issue either - wouldn't CFOS'd extensions be subject to the same problem with doing line to line transfers (what I'm trying to accomplish)?

OP Offline
I did check and CFOS'd extensions don't work either. I asked our local Comdial guy, and he mentioned something about being told that line to line transfers would never work. It doesn't sound right to me for some reason.

Admin
Admin
PM sent.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I'm posting this here for everyones benefit. After I responded to RBF, I figured out what it was...

I never mapped a CANCEL key to the phones. No matter what you do to convince it to work, you have to have a CANCEL key mapped to get line to line transfers to work..

I need a drink...

call

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,071 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,229 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024